GDT: Preseason Game #2 | Pittsburgh at Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I'm just going to leave this here...

PKiS8af.gif

I've actually seen people trying to defend this play in that this ("zone entry" instead of dumping the puck) what Johnston wants to see?!?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I've actually seen people trying to defend this play in that this ("zone entry" instead of dumping the puck) what Johnston wants to see?!?

The problem with this is less that Adams made a bad decision and more that the amount of ground he's covering is unacceptable for an NHL forward. This is how Putin skates.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
I wonder if the problem is the opposite. They're training too much

And that's why kessel is such an ironman.

But yeah, as long as the injuries to sid and geno are small, I'm perfectly okay with them sitting out the bulk of these preseason games.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I wonder if the problem is the opposite. They're training too much

I've wondered that myself. Letang in particular is one I wonder about.

A lot of it seems to be broken bones, though. Stepan broke his fibula, Jordan Staal broke his leg (?), Drouin fractured his thumb. Drouin I think got hit with a puck and Staal got tangled with someone. I think Ellers got tangled too, Datsyuk is an old and increasingly fragile guy who got nailed awkwardly by Scuderi of all people. Who knows with the Pens, I think they're being hyper cautious and bless them for it.

The problem with this is less that Adams made a bad decision and more that the amount of ground he's covering is unacceptable for an NHL forward. This is how Putin skates.

His speed coupled with what I suppose one would call tunnel vision is a bad combination. He's slow as **** and then doesn't do anything, he just stays the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad