Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 2 | Golden Knights @ Colorado | 6:00 | The Knighting

Discussion in 'Vegas Golden Knights' started by BattleBorn, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyStanley Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I recall Sharks being undefeated in PS only to lose something like five of first seven games.

#PrideComethBeforeAFall

More important is how the team is playing Gallant's system and together

2. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    To your last point I agree. It was really tough keeping track of who was who thanks to the Avs announcers.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. Mike Jones Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Writer Etc.
    The Avs' announcers may still be traumatized from last season. It may take some time yet to recover and get back in the game.

4. S E P H @SEPH_WHL

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    WHL
    Avs announcers are some of the worst in the game. Not because they're biased or Jack Edwards bad, but because they just simply suck at their jobs.

Thankfully I was at the game live, and have some comments about some of your dudes.

- Let me tell you guys, that you have an awesome coach. It was such a night and day difference between the tactics. Avs struggled mightily with Vegas' forecheck and anticipation. For every five passes it took us to get out of the zone, it was a maximum of three for Vegas.

- Shipachyov is awesome. However, I don't think he is as talented as some of his KHL stats show, but he is much more physical and physically demanding than what I previously thought. He plays more similar to another Russian in Radulov than he plays like Tarasenko. He is a player that is probably more suited for the 2nd line, but one you guys will have to play on the 1st.

- Hyka is another awesome player. I don't know how well he is going to do with regular season and playing against ALL NHL players, but all he can play against is what is in front of him. And he's taking advantage of it. He's sort of Kessel, where he has really good speed on the wings and busts in with a pretty good shot as well.

- Suzuki isn't close of being NHL ready. Definitely juniors for at least the next two seasons. Nevertheless, he did show some flashes, but I thought he was going to be a tad more elusive.

- Garrison was good and a steady force all night.

- Lindberg was better than I thought he was going to be.

- Dansk sucks, I get it he was one of those goalers that is young and still has some potential. But I just don't see it, if Avs decided to play more NHL players, the score could have gotten into trouble. He looked nervous and indecisive.

5. GKG18 Expansion Fan

SB Cash:
    $ 826,643
    Broadcast TV
    I agree that the Avs looked like garbage, but on the plus side, there seems to be some cohesion on the VGK side. The PP and PK were both excellent, as was the breakout, which was mentioned. I watched in a bar on a smallish screen, so I couldn't make hide nor hair of who was doing what.

6. Soundgarden Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    hanging out
    :laugh: I noticed that too.

I only watched about half of this one, but I was really impressed with Hyka. I didn't notice Ship too much, but I seem to remember he made a nice play down low.

Oh, and thanks for all the updates everyone.

7. Mr Zappalanche Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Avs had a preseason record 6-0-0 last year :laugh:

8. VanIslander Don't waste my time

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I've told you guys before, Gallant is an awesome coach GEARED TO WANNA WIN FROM DAY ONE.

As I've said before, he has played LW int he KHL and he should play LW here. Let Marsh play center. He has more relevant experience there.

I drafted him on the fantasy board a couple of weeks ago and expect great thinsg from him. I'm actually bigger on Hyka than I am on Tuch!!

It's the age. Give him time to grow physically and in the game. No hurry to rush him.

I identified him as one of the dmen to watch this preseason. GHe's playing for a top pairing spot, and just might get it!

yeah, I'm surprised too. I wasn't so impressed with what he did last season with the Rags.

*shrug* I dunno him, but Pickard is solid as a back-up (heck may even compete for starter's job) for the next couple of years and goalie development is a crapshoot, so let's worry about this a few years down the road (except if injuries or suspensions come into play - *knock on wood*).

9. Benched Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    The patience Marchy showed on his goal was awesome. Got the puck at a sharp angle, knew he had no shot, backskated to a better one and got off a perfectly timed shot through bodies that didn't hit anyone and wound up glove side on the tendy.

Already miss this dude (and still miss Gallant) here in SoFla. They're what have made me a Vegas follower. That and their amazing Twitter account.

Trust me you guys are gonna love Marchy. Works his ass off every shift and even though he's tiny (his feet don't even reach the ground when on the bench. I have proof.) he forechecks and bugs the hell out of the opposition. A max effort player every second he's on the ice.

10. derriko Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    That's great to hear about March. From what I read, he sounded like a streaky goal scorer type.

So that's a good thing even when he's not scoring, he's busting his ass out there.

I think that shot was a tad lucky though. I think he was more just trying to get it on the net and surprise the goalie.

He was skating backwards, had a somewhat poor angle, but he did have some traffic in front. It wasn't even too powerful either haha. Think it totally just surprised the goalie he even shot it from there.

11. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    He was fairly aggressive in attacking the net. It will remain to be seen how limited he might be against tougher NHL squads. I know Bobby Ryan always looked like a dynamo in camp but against tougher defenses he turned into a perimeter player.

12. Aurinko Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I'm starting to get really hyped over the Knights... They have picked some pretty awesome players. I think Shipachyov has a lot of qualities that can make him a real star in Vegas.

13. Mike Jones Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Writer Etc.
    There's definitely hope but it's still early in the preseason and they've only beaten the likes of the Avalanche and Utica. Still lots of hockey left.

14. Aurinko Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    It's not about the winning, I just really like the players and the fact that everything is new and under speculation. When the normal games begin we will see how we can compete against anything organized.

15. Mike Jones Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Writer Etc.
    True enough.

16. pheasant Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I feel the same. Fans in Vegas should be really happy with what they got.

I'm a Leafs fan, and I find myself lurking here to read about the Golden Knights a lot. I'm so excited to see what Shipachyov can do, I might be more interested in Vegas than any other team at the moment.

Might have to see if I can go see a game live.

17. 5 Hole Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Same here.. I was going through this thread hoping to read about Marchy. Great to hear he's keeping it going. What's up with Smith?

18. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    He looked pretty lost and out of sorts. But much of the team did so whatever.

Though we're well past game day so...closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.