GDT: [Preseason Game #2] Dallas Stars vs Florida Panthers - 7:00 PM CST (BS-SW+, ESPN+)

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Oettinger needs to get some Giguere or Vasilevskiy oversized goalie equipment. Three of the goals tonight barely leaked through.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yes, blame Oettinger when our players go straight down the ice and shoot the puck right into their goalie.

What happened to actually dekeing on a shootout?

Reactions: Elysian

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
i know no one cares and whatnot.. but this postgame gear they are shilling is atrocious imho

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
If the entire western conference weren’t so shit, I’d be fairly confident they aren’t a playoff team, but the west is super weak, sadly, that might mean the ousting of Nill has a delay.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
how do you figure? predicting a poor season?
I personally expect to miss the PO again.
But either way i don't see how bones gets re-signed (short of winning a cup and he'll probably retire in that scenario anyway)
And if the team makes the PO but bows out in the first round (most likely if they make it)
I can't see nill being brought back yet again. Considering was already (allegedly) on a very short leash I don't see how anything short of a conference final (very unlikely) brings him back

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I hope you’re right, I could imagine the bar being as low as ‘making the playoffs’, but it’s hard to say with this ownership group.
True but Gaglardi infinite patience has to wear out at some point. And nill is closing in on a decade

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I don’t see us missing the playoffs this year, but this would be a good season to suck and be able to sell at the deadline

Rads, Klingberg, Pavs, Holtby, Comeau and even Sekera could all be dealt

with the next two drafts being good, we could load up on picks

but, I think we make the playoffs this year

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
My take on the season? We probably a top half of the NHL team.

To actually win, we need as much go right this year as went bad last year (i.e., injuries, Covid, condensed schedule, bad luck in OT and shoot outs.)

Reactions: Elysian

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don’t see us missing the playoffs this year, but this would be a good season to suck and be able to sell at the deadline

Rads, Klingberg, Pavs, Holtby, Comeau and even Sekera could all be dealt

with the next two drafts being good, we could load up on picks

but, I think we make the playoffs this year

Man, Klingberg, Pavs, and Rads would all bring a 1st+ at the deadline I'd imagine depending on how their seasons go. It's almost tempting to root for them to miss the playoffs lol, but knowing Nill he will hold out past the deadline even if the playoffs are even a long shot. Similar to Oleksiak last season, who probably could've fetched us a 1st or a couple of 2nds

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Man, Klingberg, Pavs, and Rads would all bring a 1st+ at the deadline I'd imagine depending on how their seasons go. It's almost tempting to root for them to miss the playoffs lol, but knowing Nill he will hold out past the deadline if the playoffs are even a long shot
Yep just like last year. No chance to make it, didn't even try to sell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad