GDT: Preseason Game 2: Coyotes @ Flames - 6PM

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
We've had like zero puck possession. Really weird lineup. Hope we don't have to watch this gain. It's like watching the last 5 years.
You can see the different style of play, though. Aggressive forecheck and even in our own end, they're pressuring the puck carrier instead of just standing around waiting for something to happen. It's a good chance for the coaching staff to see who stands out in this cluster**** of a lineup. Kempe and Crouse definitely doing that.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We've had like zero puck possession. Really weird lineup. Hope we don't have to watch this gain. It's like watching the last 5 years.

We have the oddest, perhaps saddest, lineup possible. I'm not sure you can read too much into this game.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You can see the different style of play, though. Aggressive forecheck and even in our own end, they're pressuring the puck carrier instead of just standing around waiting for something to happen. It's a good chance for the coaching staff to see who stands out in this cluster**** of a lineup. Kempe and Crouse definitely doing that.

Agree. They're definitely more aggressive. Just don't have enough people that can control the puck.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We have the oddest, perhaps saddest, lineup possible. I'm not sure you can read too much into this game.

My main reading is Domingue has been pretty good here as he was for 2 periods in Anaheim.

One of the goals was a really nasty redirect, the other on the PK.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Merkley as well. Hanley also looks good. That last shift was epic. Domingue also looking very sharp.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If Kempe makes the team, I'm gonna be mixing him up with Perlini all season. Stupid number changes :laugh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Demers has looked pretty solid, but the rest of the D are struggling a bit.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Demers has looked pretty solid, but the rest of the D are struggling a bit.

I disagree.
Not good. Wasn't nice to put him into that one for his first game though:laugh:
Hanley by far the best defender so far in my view. He looks really good.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Crouse messed up big time on that one. Think it was Bennett who made the pass up ice to Gadreau.

EDIT: Louis' recently recovered mask takes a direct hit :laugh:

Last edited:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
You know it's a hard shot when it flips the goalie mask right off your head :laugh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Domingue really standing on his head which is good to see. If he gets games on a regular basis and not, like until now, either everything or nothing, I'm confident he'll play a good season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad