GDT: Preseason Game #2 | Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM ET

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Like I said during the game, Richards skating looks fantastic and that's great news. Both to keep up with Tatar if they stay together, and that he can create himself space to make plays. Cus there's no denying his playmaking ability and the impact he can make with it. We saw Jurco pull the piano some, but I could see Franzen slotting in there and making it a great line.

It's hard not to get pumped up about things if Richards adequately fills that 2C spot, because I'm not worried the least about the rest of the offense. The others may look sluggish right now, but we know what they can do.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Like I said during the game, Richards skating looks fantastic and that's great news. Both to keep up with Tatar if they stay together, and that he can create himself space to make plays. Cus there's no denying his playmaking ability and the impact he can make with it. We saw Jurco pull the piano some, but I could see Franzen slotting in there and making it a great line.

It's hard not to get pumped up about things if Richards adequately fills that 2C spot, because I'm not worried the least about the rest of the offense. The others may look sluggish right now, but we know what they can do.

^ This

I was very impressed with the chemistry Richards had with Tatar. He really looked like the Richards we saw in the Cup final.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010

The prospects of having a fully healthy Top 9:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Tater - Richards - Nyquist
Franzen - Sheahan - Jurco/Pulkkinen

Makes me feel incredibly happy - the three looks of the lines - or various mix and matches of those lines either knocking you out with solid two possession (Line 1), North-South Speed, or Power and Physicality. Makes for a very diverse and deep team.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Makes me feel incredibly happy - the three looks of the lines - or various mix and matches of those lines either knocking you out with solid two possession (Line 1), North-South Speed, or Power and Physicality. Makes for a very diverse and deep team.

We just have to hope the vets can keep playing at a high level as the season comes to an end. It was obvious that Zetterberg couldn't last year, hopefully keeping him on the wing will help. Dats should be fine as long as he is healthy, holefully Richards can keep it up too.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Can anybody tell me the Wings lineup for tonight against the Pens?
It looks like

Franzen/Sheahan/Glendenning
Miele/Larkin/Pulkkinen
Miller/Andersson/Ferraro
Bertuzzi/Athanasiou/Mantha

Smith/Marchenko
Lashoff/Sproul
Paetsch/Jensen

Howard is app playing the entire game.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Thats peoples argument for Zetterberg still remaining relevant. Oh he got so many points last year (playing first line minutes and PP mind you)

We're talking one game here bro.

Kindl has been pretty mediocre for a while. He looked very mediocre except one good pass and maybe a couple other offensive plays. He was bad defensively. Just more of the same Kindl, doesn't look to be different.

Z had an awesome first half last year and has had an incredible career but looked worn down and injured in the second half of the season last year. He didn't look great in his first preseason game.

Not the same thing at all.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ugh that's disappointing. Sounded like he had a fire lit underneath him, I was hoping he was going to make a splash in the preseason.

Its day to day and theres still alot of games left to prove himself, hopefully if he does get to play he gets like 2 or 3 games in a row or so.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Its day to day and theres still alot of games left to prove himself, hopefully if he does get to play he gets like 2 or 3 games in a row or so.

Damn, thanks for the update.

Kid really seemed to be playing his heart out at training camp. Here's hoping he gets some preseason games in. Want him as our 6th and Jensen as our 7th.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Richards signing looks like it made a lot of sense. If he plays like that this season he will be a huge addition.

Last year Nyquist had Z, and Tatar had Datsyuk. I'd say that was pretty instrumental in them both having near 30 goal seasons. Datsyuk goes down, Tatar loses his partner in crime, so Holland gets one of the best playmakers available on a cheap 1 year deal. Thought it was a little excessive given the # of players we had under contract, but after thinking about it and seeing them together I think it makes a lot of sense.

Should be similar to the Alfredsson signing.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Why do we play 3 games on consecutive days?

This is the weak team again but they pushed CHI to an OT so who knows.

Actually, I know. If Crosby, Malkin and Kessel are playing, our defence are in for a good learning experience.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Why do we play 3 games on consecutive days?

This is the weak team again but they pushed CHI to an OT so who knows.

Actually, I know. If Crosby, Malkin and Kessel are playing, our defence are in for a good learning experience.
Only Malkin is playing of those 3.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I was startled FSD jumped right on this one, I guess it's another benefit of the Tigers sucking! :laugh: Seems like past seasons they televised only the last few games, with the excitement this season I could see them covering every game. It was a welcome autumn evening to hear Ken and Mic back in the booth.

Chicago had their "festival", and now we had ours, this was glorious. The shot count was bewildering though for how dominant the Wings were. Super-duper skill should result in shots peppering the goalie Detroit needs to fire the puck every best chance they get, but whatever.

I'm so pumped thinking of the diverse personalities that Holland and Co. chose and have developed it's so meant to be. What a dummy I haven't been listening enough here at HF. Nosek is a beast, I had no clue! That young guy will definitely make the NHL. We need some big bodies like him and Mantha. Tangradi and Callahan were amazing also. Red Wings hockey from top to bottom is always full of character I love our organization. The future looks bright it will stay entertaining if nothing else.

Too bad there's so few NHL jobs, we are stacked with players who "could" play. I guess it proves the quality of the AHL how close that level of pro hockey is.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I was startled FSD jumped right on this one, I guess it's another benefit of the Tigers sucking! :laugh: Seems like past seasons they televised only the last few games, with the excitement this season I could see them covering every game. It was a welcome autumn evening to hear Ken and Mic back in the booth.

they show almost all the home preseason games every year so it's really nothing different than prior years

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010

There are 3 small problems :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad