GDT: Preseason game 2: Avs @ Mild 6:00pm ET/4:00 MT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
At the red line, 3 Wild were back, Avs were shorthanded, and his linemate heading off for a change.

The only thing "trying to make a play to score" possibly does is give an odd man rush the other way.

Give it up.

Sorry but just because it's not a terrible play, doesn't mean it's not something Bednar took note of. Kam had room to skate into the zone, and put a more dangerous shot on net, or try to make a play and draw a penalty at the end of the period. That's how you want to see players react to being down 4-0. Instead he quit on the play and waited for the period to end.

These are the kinds of efforts players trying to showcase themselves make in pre-season. You have to go above and beyond. Kamenev hasn't been bad, but he hasn't disproved the "not wanting it enough" concern so far. A little too inconsistent in his effort, but he has time left in the 3rd to make up for that.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
2 games, and our only goal was Graves, an AHL D-man.
11 goals against in 2 games (so far.)
On the one hand it's only preseason and both teams (game 1 and 2) bear little resemblance to the real team. On the other hand it reminds me a lot of the problems our offense had in many games last year.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
2 games, and our only goal was Graves, an AHL D-man.
11 goals against in 2 games (so far.)
Come on man, don't quit on the optimism train already!

Think of it this way: Now the Avs coaching staff has a vast scouting report on the Wild power play. ;)

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
What were you guys expecting? This is the Wild's top 9 vs. the Eagles + a couple of last years rookies ,oh yeah and Geertsen, who I'm not sure I'd even want in Loveland.

I was figuring the Avs would be in their own zone all evening, and that has pretty much been the case.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why'd they leave Grubauer in for this?

Maybe they didn't think this was the right game for Francouz. First game in NA. Probably didn't want to risk hurting his confidence. Give him a better defense next game.

Reactions: arun

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I'm going to bed now. Gonna watch the whole game again tomorrow anyway. Would have liked to see a bit more of Greer but maybe he really just isn't good enough. Very pleased with Kamenev and Kaut (I guess it's obvious he needs a year in the AHL). Graves looked good again in most situations. He makes mistakes but I take him over Lindholm or Alt as an injury call up easily. I don't care about the sophomores or vets in preseason games but it's always fun to watch Girard.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That went just like one would expect based on the lineups. A couple of guys (Jost, Kerfoot, Igor) showed well early on but then everyone was pretty quiet.

This was a complete waste of time and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for watching. :D

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Once again a reminder that we went undefeated in pre-season in Bednars first yr. Look up how that season went for us.
Totally agree and understand, but I don't get what the club is getting out of this? Marching out kids to get slammed night after night, hanging our starting goalies out to dry.
We appear to have 0 effort, 0 system, 0 defense, 0 offense, and are at LEAST 2-3 gears behind the rest of the league to date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad