GDT: Preseason - Game 2 - Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks - 7pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The best defense in hockey is possessing the puck and moving it into the O zone. Not having a bunch of "defensive" D men turtling in our own zone. When I watch Zellweger play the puck is usually in his possession or being moved up the ice. Last season Fowler was the only Duck defenseman who was good at moving the puck. Consequently, Ducks were outshot by a ton. Having offensive D will automatically help the defense because the puck will be in the other team's zone. Z, Mintyukov, and Lacombe all do this well. Hopefully Drysdale and Luneau as well. I get excited at having D that will attack, not sit back and absorb shots.

We had OFD's and not enough talented DFD's last season. It showed greatly on the PK efficiency as well. During the rookie tourney, both Zell and Minty did not play on the PK.

There's nothing wrong about having your OFD's learn how to play defense in the AHL for a season. This off-season, we're pairing DFD's with OFD's with the exception of the LaCombe-Luneau pairing.

Offensively better, defensively not really any worse (at least compared to last season XD).

Do we really want to repeat last year's defense? Our GM doesn't, who grabbed 3 DFD's in Gudas, Bushy, and Hagg.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
We had OFD's and not enough talented DFD's last season. It showed greatly on the PK efficiency as well. During the rookie tourney, both Zell and Minty did not play on the PK.

There's nothing wrong about having your OFD's learn how to play defense in the AHL for a season. This off-season, we're pairing DFD's with OFD's with the exception of the LaCombe-Luneau pairing.
I think I'm just antsy for more exciting hockey.

Reactions: lwvs84

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
IMG_2604.gif

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
I need to be paying the most attention to Luneau. I always tend to want to watch Zell more, but while he's not nearly as flashy, he makes some good choices. I need to see him skate more but a lot of interesting plays and moves to keep the puck in the O zone.

Reactions: Deuce22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad