GDT: Preseason Game #1 - Sens @ Leafs Pt II - Now with more hot takes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
As a habs fan, I am really not looking forward to facing the leafs haha. That Tavares-Marner combo is way too good. JT is finally on a good team watch him finish top 3 in points.

Reactions: AppsSyl

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I like Sparks style, more of a hybrid, reminds me a bit of Brodeur style. It's refreshing ... his rebound control has looked good thus far too.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Atta boy John see you pass the puck and good things happen buddy LOL . Looks like Borgman is getting an extra half shift with Reilly and they are short shifting Hainsey .

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
a line of Hyman -- Tavares -- Marner is ridiculous with down low grindability and skill.

the good thing about Hyman is he is a puck hound, so he just needs to do exactly what he did with Matthews and Nylander. Get the puck and give it to Tavares and Marner and let them do their thing. I feel bad for other teams this year. If they put their best d out against this line, Matthews and Kadri will burn them

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Marners shot has gotten so much better since he came into the league.

I think marner has always had a good shot the problem he had was consistently getting off his best shot, like say 1/5 shots were elite and the rest would be good but not quite good enough to beat nhl goalies. If he can get that consistency 30 goals will be a breeze if they are the level of that shot

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Thing about Borgman, he showed last year he has an NHL game. Went down, got lost in the mix but I was really impressed and I think he’s going to make a push.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Basically force him to sit out until near December so we can fit him under the cap lol. Hoping the rumors are true and Dubas announces all three within the next few weeks.

Marner and Matthews would be STUPID to sign this year.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
So basically a Babcock favourite lol :naughty::naughty:

Oh god... I hope not.

This guy has barely cracked the AHL at 26. He'd better not make our team given where we project to finish in the standing this year. We need to compete for the Cup and in order to do so we need skilled players in every role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad