Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 1: Devils (2) - Rangers (1)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd say the 3 that were voted by the media. Tedenby looked good, but I didn't even realize Josefson was in the game to be honest. He wasn't bad, but I thought he was pretty invisble. To be fair my feed wasn't exactly reliable.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'd say the 3 that were voted by the media. Tedenby looked good, but I didn't even realize Josefson was in the game to be honest. He wasn't bad, but I thought he was pretty invisble. To be fair my feed wasn't exactly reliable.

flashes of solid defensive responsibility but not much else

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Gelinas set the bar high alright. All I can say is that it's good to see the Devils are becoming a defenceman factory once again. A lot of guys with potential coming up. Gelinas, Merrill, Urbom, Severson, Santini, and others. I like it!

Hey Richer's Ghost, feel like making an image for our future defensive bulwark? :D

t03820euqtm.jpg

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Deboer had some high praise for Tedenby. Looks like he earned himself another look with his performance tonight. He did look noticeably stronger on the puck from the glimpses I caught of the game.

NC107*

Would the three people that voted for Janssen please stand up.

IMO Schneider, Tedenby and (Tony Brodeur ?) Gelinas

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Loved Larsson dropping Asham at the blue line

Gelinas looked real strong and the icing on the cake for him came with that cannon clapper

DevilChuk*

Would the three people that voted for Janssen please stand up.

IMO Schneider, Tedenby and (Tony Brodeur ?) Gelinas

click a number and you can see who voted what:

AfroThunder396, Nick0930, Officer Rod Farva

:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think AfroThunder was clearly being a goofball. He voted in Barch and Volchenkov as his other two stars.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Gelinas was awesome tonight and his shot is unreal. Real impressed with Tedenby as well. You can tell he put on some muscle this offseason...

Schneider was incredible and that save on Richards was insane. Loktionov and Henrique were also really solid. Want to see more of Boucher but his skating is very mediocre.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Loktionov was great out there. Gelinas should have a spot on our roster over Sal and Volch but I don't see that happening.

Mory Schneideur*

I posted the same thing on the gdt but think it has a place here too:

Cory looked very sharp, was impressed by his positioning and stick handling.

Here's my shots from today:

24otx0k.jpg

2ij3uat.jpg

9prz3o.jpg

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Why did Gelinas get the least amount of ice tonight (for Dmen) when he looked so strong out there? What gives?

kiwidevil

Any highlights?

Just saw the Cory save. Man I hate our broadcast team, hearing Steve's voice again is like nails on a chalk board and Chico is terrible. "I think he makes that save 2 feet off the ice"

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Another thing to mention, Lundqvist looked incredibly smaller tonight.

I was actually really impressed with Loktionov's overall game. I thought he was the best player to not put up any points today. And if Larsson can keep that hitting game up, we are in for a good season.

Obviously its preseason, but still.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm glad to hear that Larsson and Gelinas played well. And Schneider of course. It's looking like a good season.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
The Devils are going to be rewarded for being so patient with Gelinas. He's matured a lot, cleaned up his game in the d-zone and is ready to make the next step and contribute. He's exactly what PD is referring to when he says guys have to step up and make it hard to send them down...

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Any highlights?

Just saw the Cory save. Man I hate our broadcast team, hearing Steve's voice again is like nails on a chalk board and Chico is terrible. "I think he makes that save 2 feet off the ice"

No love for Homer Joe and his constant "let's connect everything to the Rangers, guys!!!!"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00