GDT: Preseason Game #1 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:30 PM EST | WGN

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What do you expect? What could Sproul possibly do? He takes one pass that means the other two have literally no opposition. Best he can do is try and hope he can use his size and reach to knock down a pass with some anticipation.

Pretty sure that was still Jensen, not that it would matter in that scenario.

League cannot be lax on penalties in the 3 on 3 format, because they end up in the back of the net. It is going to be a problem since they like to swallow the whistle.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Jensen has got to be on the team. On skating alone he's much more useful than Smith and Kindl.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Ended up being a pretty good game.. Mantha was not noticeable until later in the game and he became the most important guy on the ice. Larkin was invisible for a fair bit but I gotta think that the linemates are also an issue.

The biggest standouts were McCollum and Jensen, the latter of which should be on the team.

I would rather see Ouellet out there than Lashoff. We know what Lashoff is and it isn't pretty, would rather see some other guys. Marchenko was disappointing and Sproul is pretty much what has come to be expected. Unfortunate, I had hopes for him

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Game was great, wonderful comeback by the kids. Couple of things I noticed:

-Smith had an awful game

- Howard was mediocre at best

-Other then taking a bad penalty, Jensen was great

-Sheahan had a quietly solid game

- McCollum had flashes of brilliance

-Ferraro looked lost

-Schvechnikov, Bertuzzi and Larkin were invisible

-Mantha had an awesome game

-Blashill did a great job rolling the lines and keeping the pressure up to tie the game in the 3rd

-3 on 3 is unbelievably stressful to watch

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
That's how most all OT games are going to end now. Chance at one end, turns right around and goal. I like it. Martha needs to move his feet more early in the game - overall I like him.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That's how most all OT games are going to end now. Chance at one end, turns right around and goal. I like it. Martha needs to move his feet more early in the game - overall I like him.

Put Larkin out there with Nyquist or Tatar and Datsyuk 3 on 3.

Oh my godddd

Brandel*

Pretty sure that was still Jensen, not that it would matter in that scenario.

League cannot be lax on penalties in the 3 on 3 format, because they end up in the back of the net. It is going to be a problem since they like to swallow the whistle.

It was Sproul, not Jensen

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Game was great, wonderful comeback by the kids. Couple of things I noticed:

-Smith had an awful game

- Howard was mediocre at best

-Other then taking a bad penalty, Jensen was great

-Sheahan had a quietly solid game

- McCollum had flashes of brilliance

-Ferraro looked lost

-Schvechnikov, Bertuzzi and Larkin were invisible

-Mantha had an awesome game

-Blashill did a great job rolling the lines and keeping the pressure up to tie the game in the 3rd

-3 on 3 is unbelievably stressful to watch

the 3 on 3 was the one thing I wanted to watch. darn it I missed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad