GDT: Preseason Game #1 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:30 PM EST | WGN

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
1st goal was knocked in with a high stick... that goal's overturned in the regular season

2nd goal Teemu allowed Toews to skate into the middle of the ice between the circles and fire an uncontested shot. Toews scores that goal on 95% of the goalies in this league (or doesn't even get a shot off if Pulu plays a lick of D).

3rd goal was a PPG that was also knocked out of mid air...

Jimmy haters gonna hate, I guess.

That last one was ugly. Second one I agree. He still didn't look good to me.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
From those highlights....I can see what people mean when they say Mantha looks lazy/like he's not trying out there. Looks like he's just coasting, not skating.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
From those highlights....I can see what people mean when they say Mantha looks lazy/like he's not trying out there. Looks like he's just coasting, not skating.

I think part of it is that he has really long strides. Players like Nyquist or Tatar look like they are giving 110% because they need very quick feet to get up to speed.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
I think part of it is that he has really long strides. Players like Nyquist or Tatar look like they are giving 110% because they need very quick feet to get up to speed.

I agree, i think its his long stride, makes it look like he isnt really skating, when he gets going he actually has good speed too for a really tall guy. Shaw has tonights and the pens games on the free CI preview. SWEET

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I thought that at first but thena few times in the corners and stuff he got knocked over so easily. I think in everyday wings camp you would probably see him get out muscled so much more that hes not much of an actual NHL option

I'd still rather play him then Andersson.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Am I the only one that thinks Miele looked really good last night?

I thought he played well but he really plays small. Knocked off puck too easily. But he is talented, just think his size is too big of a barrier

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I thought he played well but he really plays small. Knocked off puck too easily. But he is talented, just think his size is too big of a barrier

Miele is a star AHL player. Not an NHL player.

In baseball, he's what you call a AAAA player. Excels in the minors, but stinks at the major league level.

BrassBonanza

Sep 22, 2015
Have not read through everything in this thread but DVR'ed the game overnight and watched the first period this morning.

Loved the kids. Plenty of speed as we're all aware. After Larkin, Athanasiou could turn out to be the best of the bunch.

Anyone else find it odd that in a lineup of all kids plus Miller, they made Howard make the trip? Seems like something they would do to a backup goalie. Trying not to read into it too much but I like that Blashill is not just rolling with Howard as the #1.

Looking forward to tonight's game!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Have not read through everything in this thread but DVR'ed the game overnight and watched the first period this morning.

Loved the kids. Plenty of speed as we're all aware. After Larkin, Athanasiou could turn out to be the best of the bunch.

Anyone else find it odd that in a lineup of all kids plus Miller, they made Howard make the trip? Seems like something they would do to a backup goalie. Trying not to read into it too much but I like that Blashill is not just rolling with Howard as the #1.

Looking forward to tonight's game!

welcome to the forums newcomer, may u see a ton of cleary hate!:handclap:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'd still rather play him then Andersson.

Miele does not come close to the type of player that Ansdersson is. If Andy were to lose his spot (which I would be all for, not a fan) it would be to someone like Callahan or Nosek

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

It's always the same with tall players. Like Getzlaf, he has also "lazy" reputation because of that.

And so was Mario Lemieux. Looked lazy and in reality was flying on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad