GDT: Preseason Game 1 | Bruins at Flyers | Sep 24, 7pm | Wells Fargo Center

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Didn't have that broadcast. They ripped him for what?
"You know five to ten years ago you'd never do that but now today they're encouraging it (shooting towards an empty net). But I don't like it right there. I'm sure the coach is going to have him skate some laps for it."

As they laugh as they say it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tippett has been total shit

He’s been on my shit list since his draft year, so I’m biased. But even worse than him being the trade return of our franchise player is the opportunity cost of his ice time because they traded for a depreciating RFA. You’re getting multiple years of top 9/PP time (half wall yet) for a player I simply don’t believe has the mental game. Foerster blows him away and can barely skate. Ditto Brink. Certainly that ice time can be used in some way instead of this sunk cost experiment because Fletcher likes when shot go boom.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
This from Carchidi is hilarious:
657D7CC6-675B-4104-BD2F-74619FD845A7.jpeg

Mind you, I didn’t watch this game. However, I have a strong suspicion that this was not, in any way, what actually happened lol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have asked my custom-made AI, Flynet, what it thought of this game. Flynet says:

Same an quit most an. Admitting an mr disposing sportsmen. Tried on cause no spoil arise plate. Longer ladies valley get esteem use led six. Middletons resolution advantages expression themselves partiality so me at. West none hope if sing oh sent tell is.

Breakfast agreeable incommode departure it an. By ignorant at on wondered relation. Enough at tastes really so cousin am of. Extensive therefore supported by extremity of contented. Is pursuit compact demesne invited elderly be. View him she roof tell her case has sigh. Moreover is possible he admitted sociable concerns. By in cold no less been sent hard hill.

Resources exquisite set arranging moonlight sex him household had. Months had too ham cousin remove far spirit. She procuring the why performed continual improving. Civil songs so large shade in cause. Lady an mr here must neat sold. Children greatest ye extended delicate of. No elderly passage earnest as in removed winding or.

His exquisite sincerity education shameless ten earnestly breakfast add.

I see. Thank you for that, Flynet.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
GDT OP updated with expected lines, and with a song. Sorry I forgot that crucial element, @MiamiScreamingEagles must have wanted to pull my skin off for forgetting that.
Let's just say the instrument hasn't been invented that can measure my indifference to the exclusion of such gimmickry. Post game? Al Stewart's "The Year of the Cates."

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
It’s unfortunate the left wall will be Tippett making panicky plays. Foerster and Brink, I think, are the guys for the future there.

Without Couturier, there’s room on PP1 for Frost. But we’ll see. Puck needs to run through Hayes.
The PP doesn't run through Hayes, nothing runs through Hayes. Stream flow, streams run, Hayes is more like a stagnate open sewer.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dunno how skilled Frost really is, at times he makes some very nice plays, at times he makes some bad turnovers and looks lost. Thing is he's 23, he shouldn't look lost anymore. If he's a solid 3C, I'm thinking that might be his ceiling, something is missing b/c he's less than the sum of his parts. He's actually the center equivalent of Tippett, who skates and puck handles and shoots, yet nothing really happens. Both have shown enough to get 3rd line time on a bad team to see if they take a step up, but people fluffing Frost and dissing Tippett are either blind or have an agenda.

Noah Cates on the other hand is a NHL player, no ifs, buts or whats. He has "it," the puck finds him or he finds the puck. He is going to make this team and may end up in the top 6 as a complementary player who makes his linemates better.

Jackson Cates looks better, but he's not as good as his brother, but the two have chemistry together.

Foerster is going to be better than Allison, but he's still very young. Allison has that great energy that would be perfect for 4RW to start the season, and let him pass Tippett, but I think Foerster has top 6 potential in a year or two. But Foerster looks a tick behind right now and needs some time at LHV.

Attard looks like a talented player who developed bad habits in college as a "rover," and needs to work on his fundamentals. Unless he picks it up, he's going to spend half a season in LHV.

Zamula is a solid D-man who lacks anything special, but should continue to improve and end this season as a starter in the NHL.

Hodgson showed enough to get a couple more games, but unless he surprises, top call up is probably his role in LHV.

Roussel was the invisible man.

Sandstrom looked solid, good enough that if he keeps it up, no reason to bring in a veteran goalie who'd be below replacement.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Oh shut up you spineless loser :laugh:

Sandstorm’s rebound control was poopy early on, but positioning was good the whole game. It got better as the night went on. He did a good job fighting in the first 10.

N. Cates looks like a good 4th line player, who can move up and down the lineup when needed. Doesn’t have extreme offensive skill but he thinks the game well.

Didn’t see much consistency of Laczynski or Lycksell, but the flashed at times.

Kind of agree on Frost - played well on the PP, but lacked consistency.

Anismov looked horrible early on, but looked a bit better as the game went on. But never good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad