GDT: Preseason Game 1 | Bruins at Flyers | Sep 24, 7pm | Wells Fargo Center

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tippett didn't play badly, still struggling to finish which is kind of weird, since he'd been a prolific scorer at lower levels.
With his size and speed, he should at worst be a terrific forechecker, imagine if NAK had puck skills without the stupid penalties.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Tippett didn't play badly, still struggling to finish which is kind of weird, since he'd been a prolific scorer at lower levels.
With his size and speed, he should at worst be a terrific forechecker, imagine if NAK had puck skills without the stupid penalties.

He runs a 7.9% shooting percentage. Which is well below league average.

I haven't decided why specifically I think that is yet, but for whatever reason he just doesn't put pucks in net. He also doesn't exactly get many shots on net to begin with, either, for someone who has "shooter" as their main strength, which doesn't help.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I haven't decided why specifically I think that is yet, but for whatever reason he just doesn't put pucks in net. He also doesn't exactly get many shots on net to begin with, either, for someone who has "shooter" as their main strength, which doesn't help.
So a shooter who doesn't take many shots or score on a good % of those shots?

Just what you want.

:thumbd:

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Imagine if NAK outscored Tippett last season even though NAK only played 721:39 at ES & 2:12 on the PP, while Tippett played 738:18 at ES & 107:04 on the PP.

Oh wait, you don't have to imagine it because that actually happened.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
So a shooter who doesn't take many shots or score on a good % of those shots?

Just what you want.

:thumbd:
iu

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Yeah, Justin Bailey was a real force when he played for the Flyers.

He scores so infrequently because he's slow upstairs. Not quite rocks for brains, but something slightly more useful. Sand? He's got sand brain.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tiippett was the "B" prospect. The 1st rd pick was the primary asset.
How often do "A" prospects get traded in a TDL trade for a 30+ year old veteran?

"A" prospects are usually only included in trades for prime age top players.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Tiippett was the "B" prospect. The 1st rd pick was the primary asset.
How often do "A" prospects get traded in a TDL trade for a 30+ year old veteran?

"A" prospects are usually only included in trades for prime age top players.
For G u should've got an "A" prospect... whether Fletcher pissed G off so he only would accept a trade to Florida is the unknown......that's what caused the underpayment reportedly..........really have no clue about the f***ing revisionist history on NAK.... he was mediocre at best in Philly...... was a penalty machine which is the reason they dumped him.....Not a Tippett fan but willing to give the kid a chance.... Fletcher sucks but waiving NAK is not in the top 100 reasons why...maybe he becomes a decent player but he wasn't here

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For G u should've got an "A" prospect... whether Fletcher pissed G off so he only would accept a trade to Florida is the unknown......that's what caused the underpayment reportedly..........really have no clue about the f***ing revisionist history on NAK.... he was mediocre at best in Philly...... was a penalty machine which is the reason they dumped him.....Not a Tippett fan but willing to give the kid a chance.... Fletcher sucks but waiving NAK is not in the top 100 reasons why...maybe he becomes a decent player but he wasn't here

G should not have garnered an "A" prospect, he was not an elite player at 34, he had a sizeable cap hit (Pro-rated $8.25M) and was strictly a rental for a PO team (b/c cost of resigning combined with his age made that prohibitive for most PO teams).

He was not Stone at 27, etc.
Duchene at 28 was traded for Vitaly Abramov (#65) and Jonathan Davidsson (#170), and the #19 pick at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad