deadpool-what-in-the.gif

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Co

There is no way that's a concussion from that. Probably vision related
I couldn’t tell where it hit him. If it was the temple area that can 100% concuss you.

I’m not saying it IS though. Could be a bone bruise, soft tissue swelling, bad tooth root, etc.

You don’t get vision issues unless you’re hit in the eye (he wouldn’t have been on that shift, have a lot of swelling around it (where he wouldn’t look “ok”, assuming the coach isn’t lying, which is never a safe assumption), or a concussion.

I dunno. Hopefully just preventative measures.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I mean, I like everything he says so far.

I wonder if people are now willing to accept the info that LaCombe can skate like the wind and play at a high level. I've been sharing he can skate just as fast and as smooth as Zellweger since dev camp two off-seasons ago, but often met with dismissal. Even argued with others that LaCombe probably can keep up with Drysdale skating as well as play at high level. So far this off-season, LaCombe looks like he's better defensively than Drysdale in games.

As for closing the gap, I think when we saw Carlsson juke and blow by LaCombe, is where the coaching staff is identifying that closing that gap might help reduce the chances of getting juked out when you're already in their space and they can't do much with the puck with you in the way. Kinda like when McIlvane told Carlsson just get in the way and he doesn't have to be physical about it will do the job.

Keep pushing them to do better, Cronin and McIlvane!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the most important part of this post is you explaining what you’ve done with/to @MMC…

I dunno, this Leo just landed back in NY and got home 15 mins ago, so have no idea what you are talking about, lol.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
True. But I'm hoping to see some concrete difference and not just a continuance of this amorphous mess that passes for Ducks hockey, even if they're still terrible.

My feeling is it’s gonna be a minute, either until the kids arrive playing polished hockey like LaCombe is or unless Verbeek reverses course and pulls a Tom Fitzgerald and completely rebuilds the blue line in two offseasons. Cronin talks a big game and I believe fundamentally in what he preaches, but this blue line is not capable of executing it

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
How was Suchanek?
I did not watch the game, but as I read in this thread, he had a great game. Fans are kind of raving for him. This game apparently was won by the goalies (in tandem with Clang). So he had a great game by the sound of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad