GDT: Preseason: Flames @ Oilers (Split Squad) 7:00PM Hall-McDavid-Purcell Sekera+Talbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]
Game Day: Monday September 21
Game Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
Streamed: oilers.nhl.com

Pregame Videos

Todd McLellan Pre-Game
In Focus
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Forward Lines:

Hall-McDavid-Purcell
Draisaitl-Lander-Yakupov
Hamilton-Miller-Pitlick
Gazdic-Winquist-Ford

Defencemen:

Sekera-Fayne
Ference-Nikitin
Davidson/Hunt-Oesterle

Goaltenders:

Talbot
Laurikainen
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Flames PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Bouma - Backlund - Jones
Klimchuk - Granlund - Agostino
Colborne - Elson - Carroll
Mangiapane - Grant - Hathaway

Defencemen:

Russell - Wideman
Wilson - Andersson
Kylington - Engelland

Goaltenders:

Ramo
McDonald
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=@Saddledome GDT]
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ugh, I think Purcell on the top line will be a short experiment.

He's looked good in camp so far apparently.

McLellan has said he's a big pairs guy so I think we will see a lot of the following this year:

Hall-McDavid-XXX
XXX-RNH-Eberle
Lander-Draisaitl-XXX
XXX-Letestu-Hendricks

We might see a fair bit of wingers switching back and forth between their standard wing and their off wing.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Except apparebtly he has look good and he doesn't look out of place so far.

We need him to be the trigger man, which he never really was in Tampa Bay and which I doubt he'll be here.

If we're going to give him props for being the secondary assist man, I guess that's all fine and dandy.

In all of the scrimmages, it's basically just the Hall/McDavid show.

TBH, I don't think anyone on that line will be that amazing considering they're just going to play with one another anyways.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Andersson should pick a fight with Gazdic this time so people can praise his balls instead of question his sanity some more :laugh:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Thx for setting up the GDT's. I am super excited about tonight. I am even considering breaking my self-imposed embargo on buying tickets for myself after the last lockout. Very tempting to see Connor's first semi real game against the Flames.

McDeathbyCheerios*

We need him to be the trigger man, which he never really was in Tampa Bay and which I doubt he'll be here.

If we're going to give him props for being the secondary assist man, I guess that's all fine and dandy.

In all of the scrimmages, it's basically just the Hall/McDavid show.

TBH, I don't think anyone on that line will be that amazing considering they're just going to play with one another anyways.
Which is why I am fine with Purcell being there. It's just a body to use as a distraction and helping the d side of the puck

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Thx for setting up the GDT's. I am super excited about tonight. I am even considering breaking my self-imposed embargo on buying tickets for myself after the last lockout. Very tempting to see Connor's first semi real game against the Flames.

Go. You'll want to say you were there when you first saw McDavid play against..NHL players.. at Rexall. Pre-season? Who cares?

McDavid.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Mcdavid and Hall in action for first time.....yuss

How will Oilers protect themselves from notorious goon Rasmus Andersson. His face might break a couple of the Oilers hands

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
will both games be streamed?

I'm really enjoying how youtube is now the go-to means of live streaming. Much more reliable (usually) - plus way easier to access older games

According to the Oilers game preview - Yes, hopefully they make use of their YT streams as well.

Even if the Oilers only stream the Edmonton game, the Flames are more likely to stream the Calgary game, so both games should be available.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Ugh, I think Purcell on the top line will be a short experiment.

IMO it'll be one of those things where it'll look good enough in preseason, but once the real games start we'll see Purcell slowly slip down the depth chart, and either Eberle or Yakupov take his place.

But who knows, maybe Teddy will surprise us all and be 60 point Purcell again.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I hope, Nikitin especially, is very bad tonight and is just cut right away. Step away, don't **** around.

Ahhh I hope Nikitin returns to some kind of decent form, why wouldn't you want that? Could mean a free draft pick at the deadline if we retain half.

Gregor and Rishaug were joking around the other day that we was sucking wind in a bad way during drills. He's supposedly skinnier but that doesn't mean he's in any better shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad