GDT: Preseason Doubleheader: Devils @ Canadiens / Flyers @ Devils - 7 P.M.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Also depends on how he gets the most touches/shots.

If the first PP unit has Hamilton and Hughes on it then they get a lot of the touches. Bratt kind of sits on that far side not doing much except trying to get open for one timers.

I could see the Devils PP using the net front man less as a screen and more as a weak side option for a Hughes pass that really forces the down low defense to pick their poison.

——————

So I guess I’m in the “who knows” camp until we see what the Devils PP concept is this year.

I can see a future where the Devils move half of PP1 down to PP2 just to make sure some of the guys can get more touches and feature more when they’re on the ice.

My assumption has been Meier replaces Bratt at the right circle on PP1 and you have Bratt there on PP2

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I was going to lose my mind lol. Not a fan of having Meier in front though. IIRC he was mostly used as a flank guy in SJ but we've been trying to jam him in front a lot cause big

Depends on how closely he should be to the net really. If he is playing in high slot than its okay place for him. If he is on net screener then its not that tasty. On the other side its not like we have a lot of good screeners and are really ready to build two pp brigades. But I think with what we have(Alexander, Nico, Timo, Luke, Dougie, Jesper) its ok to try to build two pp brigades.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Last year I really cared about wins and losses in our preseason games. I was really encouraged from what I saw too. At least until 0-2 in real results matter hockey and virtually the 2021-22 refused to go away! This year they can go 0-7 and IDGAF. Just be healthy and LFGD!

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Luke has practiced all week and played in the scrimmage yesterday and looked real good by all accounts. No player plays every single preseason game.

Because I want to see him play!
1695658822836.gif

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Montreal lineup

Montreal still playing rookies/prospects while the Devils are using roster talent. bit of a mismatch imo

That also scares me because you have NHL players cruising and some kids trying to make a name for themselves. Some random scrub always ends up taking a run at an established NHLer in those scenarios.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Montreal lineup

Montreal still playing rookies/prospects while the Devils are using roster talent. bit of a mismatch imo

What do you mean? Montreal is dressing the best power forward in the NHL. I heard the Devils almost traded Bratt, Nemec, and Luke Hughes for him last season. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Guadana

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
That also scares me because you have NHL players cruising and some kids trying to make a name for themselves. Some random scrub always ends up taking a run at an established NHLer in those scenarios.
Yeah it feels like a mismatch honestly but you'd assume the teams talk to each other before setting their roster. Perhaps Montreal requested trial by fire for their team?
Are these games being televised or not?
I think its streams for both games? The montreal one is on the french language network RDS.

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad