GDT: Preseason Doubleheader: Devils @ Canadiens / Flyers @ Devils - 7 P.M.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So nothing on TV tonight. What dictates which game will be streamed? If they are both at the same time, and streamed on the Devils website, will we have the choice of either?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
So nothing on TV tonight. What dictates which game will be streamed? If they are both at the same time, and streamed on the Devils website, will we have the choice of either?

There's nothing scheduled on MSG networks tonight for the game.

This post also says you can watch the Devils - Philly game on the mobile app, but doesn't list anything for the Montreal game.

So...is Holtz already off the Nico/Meier line considering Bratt is also lining up for this one?

Wonder who gets paired with Hamilton - Bahl?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I’ve got bowling tonight so can’t make the game but I’m interested for people seeing it in person what they think it Bahl’s skating.

I think defenseman skating it hard to judge on tv so it’s really the in-person people that will get a handle on it.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Probably wants to see everyone on the PP? Bratt’s a lock there so.

Edit: saw your edit nevermind lol

I was going to lose my mind lol. Not a fan of having Meier in front though. IIRC he was mostly used as a flank guy in SJ but we've been trying to jam him in front a lot cause big

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Oh thank god Amanda just had them listed wrong lol

That first unit looking real spicy

1695652854629.png

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Montreal is showing the game on TV so there will probably be a stream out there somewhere if you want to watch that one over the Philly game.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I was going to lose my mind lol. Not a fan of having Meier in front though. IIRC he was mostly used as a flank guy in SJ but we've been trying to jam him in front a lot cause big

Also depends on how he gets the most touches/shots.

If the first PP unit has Hamilton and Hughes on it then they get a lot of the touches. Bratt kind of sits on that far side not doing much except trying to get open for one timers.

I could see the Devils PP using the net front man less as a screen and more as a weak side option for a Hughes pass that really forces the down low defense to pick their poison.

——————

So I guess I’m in the “who knows” camp until we see what the Devils PP concept is this year.

I can see a future where the Devils move half of PP1 down to PP2 just to make sure some of the guys can get more touches and feature more when they’re on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad