GDT: Preseason - Coyotes @ Flames - 9/25 6PM MST

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Fully expect Mike Smith to be brought up on war crime charges given the hysteria on the main board.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Fully expect Mike Smith to be brought up on war crime charges given the hysteria on the main board.

Yeah, seriously. I notice HF seems to single out certain players and cry bloody murder if those players look cross-eyed at someone. Very bizarre really, kinda like herd mentality, but more stupid.

Last edited:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
The hilarious thing is that I could totally see Mike Smith playing in the NHL as an agitator instead of a goalie.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario

Burke will have the RCMP involved by morning I'm sure.

Finally decided to enhance my avatar. Now I just need to add a kitten being strangled and I'm done.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Did that and ended up spending 45 minutes getting rid of a ton of malware off my computer because you needed a specific player... etc...etc..... :rant:

Settled for the radio stream at Sportsnet.

those were just ads, don't need to download anything. just flash streams. sorry about that. :(

he should have all the games this season tho

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
First row sports or go home for streams. No downloads necessary. Often have 4+ links for the same game in case one goes down.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Lines?

Performance by bubble guys?
In the first two periods the lines were like this. I'll watch the third period this evening.

Boedker - Ribeiro - Doan
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Vrbata
Lessio - Vermette - Brown
Bissonnette - Chip - Swarz

OEL - Z
Yandle - Stone
Summers - Rundblad

Lessio and Brown looked awesome together. I'd like to see them on the top line in Portland this year, and on the Coyotes third line next year.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
In the first two periods the lines were like this. I'll watch the third period this evening.

Boedker - Ribeiro - Doan
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Vrbata
Lessio - Vermette - Brown
Bissonnette - Chip - Swarz

OEL - Z
Yandle - Stone
Summers - Rundblad

Lessio and Brown looked awesome together. I'd like to see them on the top line in Portland this year, and on the Coyotes third line next year.

I haven't seen Lessio this year so I have zero knowledge of his game... two draft years after Brown and only a few sporadic positive comments about his preseason, which is why I'm certain he'll be in the AHL for at least another year.

I just don't see anyone else on the bubble who should be in ahead of Brown, and believe he'll start with the Coyotes and get around 40 games, with a couple stints in the A during the season.

Iceman02

Jul 8, 2012
Hows Domi looked and what are your thoughts on him staying, given he hasn't scored yet in pre-season?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I haven't seen Lessio this year so I have zero knowledge of his game...

I'll give credit to hbk here for saying Lessio will be solid. Was not at all high on him based on his junior play, but he has top 6 billing. He certainly looked the part. Didn't look at all out of place even though he is a rookie that is still injured and in a walking boot.

Hows Domi looked and what are your thoughts on him staying, given he hasn't scored yet in pre-season?

Domi looks like one of the better forwards. I was surprised at his ability to create his own offense, despite being so young. He looks like a great player, but his age, contract status, and the depth of the Coyotes may be too much to overcome. It's not like the other options at that LW spot are lighting it up though, so you never know. Would just hate to see a kid rushed at this point.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
LW is going to be pretty full if Boeds, Domi, Korpikoski and Lessio are all long term Coyotes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
At the least, Boeds and Korpi can play RW as well. Should help LW from becoming too much of a jam.

Ideally they should move Hanzal down to the #3 spot with the aging Vrbata and Domi takes the #2C spot long term. This team will be dangerous if they can ice a legit top 6 with a Hanzal 3rd line. That was sort of the whole idea behind trading for Ryan O'Reilly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad