GDT: Preseason - Coyotes @ Flames - 9/25 6PM MST

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Rundblad really blew the coverage on that goal...

We already have a Keith Yandle, don't really see the need to carry Rundblad and would personally rather not see him taking up a spot on the third pairing.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

How do you cover the puck taking a strange bounce out in front of your goalie? You don't. Lift the stick if you are lucky. And it was OEL and Korpki in front of the net on the first one.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Wonder when FSAZ is gonna announce the broadcast schedule. Last season it came out mid September.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
How do you cover the puck taking a strange bounce out in front of your goalie? You don't. Lift the stick if you are lucky. And it was OEL and Korpki in front of the net on the first one.

I'll give you the strange bounce but as a defenseman in hockey if its your job to be in front of the net I want that opposing forward being tied up. I bet Mike Smith prefers our defense to not let the other teams forwards to get easy gimmes from right in front of him. I'd like another look at the goal for sure.

Edit: After seeing the replays, the first one was definitely way worse and OEL really should have had that :laugh: the second one was pretty unlucky but I'd still like that guy in front getting picked up :)

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I know this is preseason, but we don't look good.

This is the Calgary (I'm going to finish last in the league) Flames we're talking about and we let them dominate in the 3rd period.

I hope the boys can turn it on for the regular season.

On a happy note, what a shot by OEL, and Ribeiro is going to open up lots of shots for other guys. He may only get 10 goals this season, but he'll have 50-60 assists

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Howcome Domi isnt playing? Was he sent back to London?

Night off. Rotating through the hopefuls.

Not too worried about how bad everyone looked. Entire top 6 played this like a scrimmage. Only players on both sides trying were borderline guys.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

We already have a Keith Yandle, don't really see the need to carry Rundblad and would personally rather not see him taking up a spot on the third pairing.

With Klesla out I suspect Rundblad has good shot of staying. Yes his skill set may be redundant with Yandle here already. In fact I used that same rationale when I raised the notion of dealing Yandle for a Top line forward.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I know this is preseason, but we don't look good.

This is the Calgary (I'm going to finish last in the league) Flames we're talking about and we let them dominate in the 3rd period.

I hope the boys can turn it on for the regular season.

On a happy note, what a shot by OEL, and Ribeiro is going to open up lots of shots for other guys. He may only get 10 goals this season, but he'll have 50-60 assists

Our guys were playing not to get hurt in a meaningless game. It showed in third.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Hey good game fellas! Smith was solid and the Yotes gave up little space. Until next time!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->