Post-Game Talk: Preseason continues. Flames 4 @ Canucks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Pretty sure the Sedins are with Grenier and the 2nd line is Burrows-Horvat-Vrbata

I hope McCann and Gaunce play together. They work well together. Add Hansen to that and they could do some damage.

4th line of Jensen-Cassels-Cracknell.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Pretty sure the Sedins are with Grenier and the 2nd line is Burrows-Horvat-Vrbata

I hope McCann and Gaunce play together. They work well together. Add Hansen to that and they could do some damage.

Agreed. I don't think that's the actual lineup since burr has been practicing with Bo and Vrby for the last few days. Ditto with Grenier and the Sedins. Any other lineup sources?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

AGreed. Plus, I'm really curious to see if Grenier might just work with the Sedins. He's not as smart as Burrows or as fast as Hansen, but he's got elements of both players in his game with a lot of size.

It's unlikely, but you never know.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata has the potential to be a really excellent second line. Me gusta.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
AGreed. Plus, I'm really curious to see if Grenier might just work with the Sedins. He's not as smart as Burrows or as fast as Hansen, but he's got elements of both players in his game with a lot of size.

It's unlikely, but you never know.

Sounds like the Bernier experiment to me.

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata has the potential to be a really excellent second line. Me gusta.

Yep.

Too bad we traded Kassian.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata
Baertschi - Sutter - Hansen
Kenins - McCann - Dorsett
Virtanen

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
How are they avoiding making Vey look bad? Vey was playing with Prust and Dorsett last game. :laugh:

Because - somehow - they don't seem to think Prust and Dorsett are bad players. They actually think they're rewarding the kid with those boat anchors.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'm sorry but how are Friesen and Cracknell better than Dorsett and Prust?

McCann is literally playing with 2nd line AHL players.

Neither player is being given skilled linemates. I will say that Dorsett to Friesen is definitely a downgrade but for preseason Cracknell is easily as good as Prust who seems to be half-assing it out there.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Dorsett is elite in his role and Prust is not far behind...

Yes, Dorsett is elite at being a 4th line boat anchor that people mistake for a useful player. He's very elite at that. While he's not elite if you're building a team with good players on every line, he's still definitely elite if your goal is to have a terrible 4th line.

It's becoming clear that Prust is actually washed up and close to done as an NHL player.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Neither player is being given skilled linemates. I will say that Dorsett to Friesen is definitely a downgrade but for preseason Cracknell is easily as good as Prust who seems to be half-assing it out there.

Also, Vey gets 1st unit power play time and McCann barely second unit power play time.

20 minutes of ice time for Vey, 11 minutes for McCann.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
I'm sorry but how are Friesen and Cracknell better than Dorsett and Prust?

McCann is literally playing with 2nd line AHL players.
Both of them are playing with wingers that aren't very good! :laugh: If there was actually some plot to stop Vey from looking bad, he'd have at least played with some decent line mates like Vrbata and Baertschi. So far Cracknell > Dorsett & Prust because he's actually scored. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad