GDT: Preseason: Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs 7PM 9.20.2019

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Seems like a lot more movement on the PP, nice to see. Hopefully it continues when the real games start

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
What a shift

Solid strat from the Leafs to let McCabe shoot tho

Our D is consistently the worst at getting point shots thru

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
For being down 2-0, I think we've mostly played really well. Yeah, the Matthews line has hemmed us in some....but against the rest of the lineup, I think it's been pretty darned even.

Not overly impressed with Joker tonight, but that's about the only blemish. Even Sobotka has looked passable.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Please tell me more about Matthews' huge forearm :laugh:

upload_2019-9-20_20-41-25.png

Reactions: Tatre

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Lol felt Borgen might be a bit frustrated on that one- McCabe shoots it into two blocks instead of passing to a primed Borgen, then when Jake does pass it's slightly off and Borgen can't get the one-timer. Borgen feeds McCabe a bit better and McCabe fans on it. It's one shift, doubt it's actually indicative of McCabe's play or anything, but it was kinda funny seeing Borgen raise his stick a third time like "please f***ing pass it this time."

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
For being down 2-0, I think we've mostly played really well. Yeah, the Matthews line has hemmed us in some....but against the rest of the lineup, I think it's been pretty darned even.

Not overly impressed with Joker tonight, but that's about the only blemish. Even Sobotka has looked passable.

First game where I could tell the players are playing for a spot in the line up (well, besides Lazar)

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Very happy with game so far.Only complaint have is v and Kyle on PP.Both should be in Rochester this year if management is serious about winning.Would like to see more of Ruotsailanen, Couzens and Asplund.Joker needs time in Rochester Borgen looks good shame Fitz is out

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Really hope they can convince Roots to go to Rochester. He thinks the game really well and I could see him getting some NHL time this year once he adjusts to NA.

Is it up to him, though? I thought it was a decision for his team back in Sweden to decide?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad