GDT: Preseason: Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs 7PM 9.20.2019

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We gonna get punked. The rosters aren't even close. At all.

We've got 3 forwards (Sheary, Okposo, Mitts) and ONE defenseman (McCabe) that project as likely NHL players on night 1.

Toronto has 6-8 forwards and 3-5 Dmen.

This gonna be bad.

Reactions: Fearnot

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
These guys have to win their individual battles not necessarily the game. I want to see their will to win and whether they execute the game plan--the structure whatever it is.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
@Buffaloed have we called them legion of gloom before? I was thinking about that yesterday but turd sandwich seemed more appropriate. I’ll try to stay up for this one.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is it that bad?

-Ullmark looked the sharpest of all their defensemen so far.
-McCabe and Jokiharju both have NHL chops and Borgen didn't seem that far off.
- The forwards are weak with only 5 "regulars", but there are a few bubble guys looking to make an impression (Smith, Ruotsalainen, Elie, Lazar, and Dea) that should be energetic if nothing else.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Is it that bad?

-Ullmark looked the sharpest of all their defensemen so far.
-McCabe and Jokiharju both have NHL chops and Borgen didn't seem that far off.
- The forwards are weak with only 5 "regulars", but there are a few bubble guys looking to make an impression (Smith, Ruotsalainen, Elie, Lazar, and Dea) that should be energetic if nothing else.
Smith and Lazar are the only realistic ones.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Sabres
Borgen relishing his opportunity with the Sabres
Sabres' roster for Friday's preseason game at Toronto announced

Elie - Sobotka - Thompson (aka Legion of Gloom)
Smith - Mittelstadt - Okposo
Sheary - Cozens - Ruotsalainen
Dea - Porter - Lazar
The six defensemen playing are McCabe, Jokiharju, Bryson, Borgen, Gilmour and Redmond. Hickey is the extra.
Goalies: Ullmark gets the start

Leafs

TV: Sportsnet's feed of the game will air on MSG at 7 p.m.
Radio: WGR550 AM

The top line is actually a little known Lake Erie weather phenomenon known as El Sabotage. Similar to El Niño except only effects Buffalo.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
These guys have to win their individual battles not necessarily the game. I want to see their will to win and whether they execute the game plan--the structure whatever it is.

Agreed but winning individual battles might even be less likely than winning on the scoreboard.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Toronto on paper is a cup contender. However, it's preseason Krueger here is obviously weeding out the rest of the depth to send down or back to their various junior / european teams.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Good game to see what level of mental fortitude we have in our guys. We’re clearly out skilled, let’s hope not clearly out hustled.

My disclaimer for tonight:
So just to warn people, I will be making comments people may not like. I will might be making more negative than positive comments due to this being preseason and expectations of a weak roster. Don’t read too much, don’t make assumptions. If you disagree, let's have a discussion about it.

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Good game to see what level of mental fortitude we have in our guys. We’re clearly out skilled, let’s hope not clearly out hustled.

My disclaimer for tonight:
So just to warn people, I will be making comments people may not like. I will might be making more negative than positive comments due to this being preseason and expectations of a weak roster. Don’t read too much, don’t make assumptions. If you disagree, let's have a discussion about it.
This cracked me up. Only because I know how you post and this is a spot on disclaimer. :laugh:

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
They're the only real vets, so cool? Sobotka probably likes the chance to get o-zone starts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad