Preseason: Blues vs. Wild( round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
A) Adding Lehtera and Stastny changes the entire "complexion" of the team.

B) Adding Lehtera and Stastny changes the entire "complexity" of the team.

I will go with A
I hope the non-native English speakers are taking note. We will wreck you if you bring that weak language use in here! The gauntlet is thrown!

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Steve Ott had the worst +/- in the game. Can anyone say shocker?

I wish they hadn't spent $2.6 million for this year AND next on Ott. They'd have been better off to play Jaškin on the 4th line and save more than $1 million for flexibility for a mid-season injury-provoked trade, or upgrade for the playoff run.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ott better pick it up....i was for him being brought back, getting pretty much impossible to defend. Preseason or not, he's been terrible outside of crumbling keith into the boards

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013

I will go with A

I prefer B... but A works, too.

B says more... while A is obvious

thigpen

Jun 6, 2011
SF Bay Area
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post

Lol the damn grammar natzis

I believe this qualifies as diction error rather than improper grammar.

2 Minute Minor said:
I hope the non-native English speakers are taking note. We will wreck you if you bring that weak language use in here! The gauntlet is thrown!

In my experience weak language use is perpetrated more frequently by native than non-native speakers and writers. Nor do I consider courteous corrections of such to be "Nazi" in nature; again, a diction matter, though I understood your use of the word to be hyperbole.

Though English lexicon continually expands and contracts and words often acquire new meanings, providing accuracy with best intentions is by no means discourteous, as the Nazi's often were.

Getting back to the topic of the thread, I am impressed with Lori Lehtera. He is shaping up to be a savvy addition to the roster.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Anybody have a clue how Elliot looked? Did he have a bad night, or was he pretty much hung out to dry all night by our makeshift D-core last night?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Anybody have a clue how Elliot looked? Did he have a bad night, or was he pretty much hung out to dry all night by our makeshift D-core last night?

I don't think he or Allen have looked particularly well so far.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't think he or Allen have looked particularly well so far.

This, From what I've gathered, both have been meh. With the roster constantly changing and not having the big guys in front of them, I wouldn't expect top level from them. I watched the Boston/Redwings game and Rask wasn't too hot either.

If they are letting in 3+ consistently come mid season, then it's something to worry about.

On a side note, it seemed like 90% of the GA were on the PK lol...if our PK performs like it did last year, they'll get a Jennings trophy

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This, From what I've gathered, both have been meh. With the roster constantly changing and not having the big guys in front of them, I wouldn't expect top level from them. I watched the Boston/Redwings game and Rask wasn't too hot either.

If they are letting in 3+ consistently come mid season, then it's something to worry about.

On a side note, it seemed like 90% of the GA were on the PK lol...if our PK performs like it did last year, they'll get a Jennings trophy

Almost ALL goaltenders are rusty at this time of year. They need to get their timing down. they need to get used to playing with their teammates again. Defences are porous due to playing new pair combos with rookies and juniors.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Almost ALL goaltenders are rusty at this time of year. They need to get their timing down. they need to get used to playing with their teammates again. Defences are porous due to playing new pair combos with rookies and juniors.

Right, it's a big reason why Elliott and Halak sucked in the lock-out season and why Elliott got back to normal after his AHL conditioning stint.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Ott better pick it up....i was for him being brought back, getting pretty much impossible to defend. Preseason or not, he's been terrible outside of crumbling keith into the boards

I have no concerns about Ott based on preseason. I think he is overpaid and may be too far over the hill, but that is based on last year. At the end of the day, he is a 32 year old depth guy who is paid for his leadership/intangibles/grit/etc in April. He knows he has a roster spot and everyone in the organization knows that his preseason output is completely meaningless.

If he looks bad in April I will be more critical. Until then, I will hold my tongue. He was one of less than 5 guys that found another gear against Chicago last year. That counts for something, and is certainly more important than his play in September and early October.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I have no concerns about Ott based on preseason. I think he is overpaid and may be too far over the hill, but that is based on last year. At the end of the day, he is a 32 year old depth guy who is paid for his leadership/intangibles/grit/etc in April. He knows he has a roster spot and everyone in the organization knows that his preseason output is completely meaningless.

If he looks bad in April I will be more critical. Until then, I will hold my tongue. He was one of less than 5 guys that found another gear against Chicago last year. That counts for something, and is certainly more important than his play in September and early October.
That's all good and great, but he wasn't good last year either. Honestly he looks the same. While he did elevate his game during the playoffs, it still wasn't anything great. Now that may be because he was projected into a role he simply doesn't have the skill set for, so maybe this year it will be different with him seeing nothing higher then the 3rd line. Almost everyone on the team has shown something in the preseason, even the designated whipping boy Berglund wants down from the post. Ott...well he just looks like ott from last year.

I want him to succeed, even if that's just being a neutral force on the ice and not a negative one, which he is still being.

We'll know by mid season what we have in Ott

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
We need an etemologist to help with this one. When I first read complexity I thought maybe thats not really incorrect.

The complexion of every team changes every year. Of course the complexion of the blues changed.

More importantly, the COMPLEXITY changed. The roster cuts are more difficult, the combinations are more versatile. The complexity is what brings us closer to the cup.

The complexion is what every team has every season all the time doesn't matter whatever

The complexity is why the blues go as far as they do this year

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
The complexion of every team changes every year. Of course the complexion of the blues changed.

More importantly, the COMPLEXITY changed. The roster cuts are more difficult, the combinations are more versatile. The complexity is what brings us closer to the cup.

The complexion is what every team has every season all the time doesn't matter whatever

The complexity is why the blues go as far as they do this year

I have to tell you guys, this entire conversation has really given me a complex. The dazzling depth in evidence...the sheer complexity has caused an unfortunate neurosis that has worn heavily upon me and likely as not ruined my complexion and likely created further complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad