preseason: Blues vs. Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Jaskin does not look ready for anything other than a 4th line role. Looking like another year in Chicago.
Which is honestly fine with me. He can be our top call-up (along with Rattie and Mueller if he doesn't make it) if a top-9 forward goes down. That way he can get top minutes in the AHL and keep improving. Next season he probably definitely makes the team out of camp. This year he can just be a decent call-up that could provide both skill and grit, whatever's needed.

Then guys like Porter and Fraser, if they get sent down, can be energy call-ups if we need them. I like the way we have depth for every role this year.

The guy I'm really interested to see what happens to is Paajarvi. He sounds like he's playing okay but still not good enough for a starting spot. Since he still doesn't really fit with our 4th-liners, do we just use him as one of the extra forwards? He'd be a fine asset there because of his speed and somewhat raw talent, but he'd kind of be wasted there at the same time.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Fabbri would be on Chaser and Kerbs' teams obviously :laugh:

It's going to suck when they assign him back to Guelph, but just think how much better he'll be this time next year. We will almost certainly have a spot for him next season. If we don't have one, and he plays as well as he has in this preseason, Army will make a spot for him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Steen, Backes, Oshie, Stastny, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Lehtera will be here for sure. Either you move Berglund (possibility), or you keep him and just add Fabbri to the mix and there's your top 9, which looks really good.

That's if he beats out Rattie which it's looking like he might if he's already performing this much better than him. Jaskin could rotate into the top 9 with him if the rookie needs rest, or Jaskin could just play 4th-line to start and be physical with Ott and Reaves.

There will probably be a spot for him, and once all these kids grow up at least we should have some top offensive talent finally.

That's why these guys like Paajarvi really have no future here. He's gonna get passed up extremely quickly if he hasn't been already.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Fabbri would be on Chaser and Kerbs' teams obviously :laugh:

It's going to suck when they assign him back to Guelph, but just think how much better he'll be this time next year. We will almost certainly have a spot for him next season. If we don't have one, and he plays as well as he has in this preseason, Army will make a spot for him.

Every time he steps on the ice he shows why he should stay. This whole situation is really interesting

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So many penalties. Where do you find preseason stats...we have to be the PiM leader at this point

NM, we aren't even close!

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
What a shock, Vlad scores. Has he scored in every game he's played in this preseason?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What a shock, Vlad scores. Has he scored in every game he's played in this preseason?

I think he went a game without scoring, but he scored 2 in the game last week against Columbus(the second one).

EDIT: Never mind, 4 goals in 3 games.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We actually won one!!!

EDIT: Dating back to the playoffs last season, Tarasenko has 8 goals in his last 9 games. I'm ready for the breakout season. It's coming.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We actually won one!!!

EDIT: Dating back to the playoffs last season, Tarasenko has 8 goals in his last 9 games. I'm ready for the breakout season. It's coming.

When the Blues drafting him, I watched a lot of Youtube vids of him. You could just tell he was going to be a stud. Has the "it" factor. I also think Fabbri has it too.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
One of my buddies I consider knowledgeable about hockey was texting me from the game. Thinks there is a building optimism that Fabbri might stay on for the 9 game period at the beginning of the season. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Can't say I've seen enough of his play to make an educated call. Just fishin' for opinions.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I didn't look at ESPN but i reckon it is similar, Yahoo has Kuznetsov and Drouin among others above Stastny, Schwartz and Tarasenko. I own Tarasenko in both my leagues this year so I guess I appreciate them keeping him under the radar.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Fabbri looked awesome, Mueller looked terrible, Lindstrom was ok. I'm fine with keeping Fabbri over those two

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Hitch on Fabbri: "He's not missing a beat. He's not going to go away ... He's a legitimate guy that's looking for work here right now."

from rutherford's twitter. Well that's adding fuel to this fire.

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
I already cannot wait to see the lineup for Thursday. I'm pretty sure Schwartz will be ready to go and slide into the top 9. Is Fabbri really just a placeholder or will they give him a longer look on a scoring line at the expense of Lindstrom?

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I already cannot wait to see the lineup for Thursday. I'm pretty sure Schwartz will be ready to go and slide into the top 9. Is Fabbri really just a placeholder or will they give him a longer look on a scoring line at the expense of Lindstrom?

Personally I can't wait to watch the Home opener next Thursday in a Ranger's bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad