preseason Blues/Stars in KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
I'll give a more detailed write up later after the game tonight but Fabbri has been fantastic so far. Easily our best player. He's probably thrown more hits than the rest of the team combined too.

Oshie made a sick play to get the puck to Fabbri for his goal. That whole line has looked great.

Lindbohm hasn't look all that great. He's gotten walked a few times. But you can tell his skating is great for such a big guy.

Rattie has been fairly quiet so far.

Ott's fight was pretty good. I'd say he got the better of it. He absolutely tricked somebody leading up to it. But he's been pretty poor with the puck so far.

Allen looked shaky to start, but he got better as the period went on.

Cole has be solid so far.

Jaskin has looked good as well. His skating is so much better.

Thanks, love to see this stuff. You're all we got. The more detail the better!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I do have to ask, in the HF grading scale. How would rate Fabbri? Obviously he's no 10, but his skills clearly transfer to the NHL. 7.5C just seems criminal.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
My drunken thoughts after the game:

Fabbri is VERY skilled. If this was the 2006 team, he makes the team easily. Most noticeable player for the Blues tonight.

Seguin's hockey sense and playmaking skills are fantastic. This kid is a superstar.

Stastny was very skilled but seemed to be going at half speed out there. Going through the motions. I'm sure he'll pick it up though.

Lindbohm deserves the accolades he's getting. I hope he changes his mind and agrees to go to AHL Chicago instead of head back to Finland because he's easily jumped Edmundson and Hakanpaa as the most NHL ready prospect. Some bad penalties tonight though.

Ott sucks. He's slow, his hands are made of stone and he's predictable. Nice fight tonight though. Maybe he was just out of place playing a top-6 role tonight but geesh did he look bad at times.

Leopold was solid but unspectacular.

Rattie looks noticeably bigger but is still mostly a parameter player.

Regner was surprisingly not bad.

Ok, that's it. Oh, except make sure to try the 10% alcohol beer made by Belgian monks at the flying saucer. Damn good beer. Iowa drunk.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
If Gunnarson isn't active roster to start the season, I could see Fabbri staying up for a few games. No extra player is exposed to waivers and he gets to practice with an NHL team for a week or two. Maybe let him start on the 4th line for a game or two. I'd love to see that.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Ott was atrocious. He needs to be buried on the fourth line.

Rattie was disappointing. It's very clear he has gotten bigger, but he didn't seem to use it. He was a total perimeter player and didn't do anything. Frankly, he was pretty invisible. I'm not surprised he went back to Chicago.

Fabbri was the best player on the ice. He does everything well. His positioning is impeccable, and he is surprisingly feisty. He wasn't afraid to go into the corners, and was able to take the puck away from much bigger guys. His hands are filthy too. He is absolutely good enough to make this team, but we should send him back to junior this year. We can afford to let him develop even more.

Lindbohm got much better as the game went on. He got torched in the first. His passing and positioning improved a lot in the second and the third. I wish he'd be playing in Chicago this year. He's going to be a good one.

Binnington looked very good considering the circumstances. He made three or four highlight reel saves. He seemed to be flopping a bit when he first came in, but he settled in nicely after that. He should be a nice addition to Chicago.

Allen didn't play bad. He got hung out to dry on all three goals. Thought he could have played better though.

Stastny played very well. He and Fabbri were our offense tonight. He looked a little slow, but maybe that was just me. He scored a beauty on a drive through the middle.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I like Ott more than most, but he BETTER not be on anything but the 4th line, barring injuries. He doesn't have the skill and is way too slow. But, I love him on the 4th. He and Reaves are the perfect 4th liners. Lappy too.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
Fabbri: like everyone else said crazy skilled. quickest guy on the ice, once saw him make 3 cuts before the defender he was engaged with made one.hard, quick, accurate shot.very adept at the one timer. good hands can go around defenders easily.

Stasny: best passer on the team. perfect touch on his passes. not afraid to pass across the center of the ice. never panics with puck. but did seem to be going half speed tonight

Oshie: nothing new to report, picks pucks, makes passes, tries to stick handle through the entire opposition and almost succeeds

Lindholm: very good skater. made some good passes,both on the rush and breaking out, wasn't afraid to step up and hit someone, but doesn't line up his hits well sometimes. took penalties but didn't look like bad penalties.

Rattie: saw him battle on the boards and he was back checking which was good too see, but his offensive positioning didnt seem strong tonight.

Cole: looked tentative and lost. not good with the puck

Binnigton: looked great. big enough to take away the entire bottom of the net when he didnt know where the puck was. stopped a lot of rebounds because of that. quick post to post. did flop a bit and get out of postion.

Jaskin: faster by far. doesn't look nearly as awkward as last year. threw his weight around quite a bit. had some good touches to get the puck into dangerous areas. good hands for a big guy.

Reaves: much more than just an enforcer. smart when he has the puck and can actually drive possession somewhat.

everybody else looked about as expected.

The Typo Truther

Nov 29, 2011
Kansas City, MO
Thought Fabbri and Stastny were the best players for the Blues tonight. Also thought Bouwmeester looked solid.

Only qualification to the Fabbri praise was that there was a lot of space out there. On his second shift after his goal, he almost got another on a really good feed from Stastny, but both of them had all of the space in the world.

It'll be a lot tougher for Fabbri (and everyone else), once the real season starts.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
My drunken thoughts after the game:

Fabbri is VERY skilled. If this was the 2006 team, he makes the team easily. Most noticeable player for the Blues tonight.

Seguin's hockey sense and playmaking skills are fantastic. This kid is a superstar.

Stastny was very skilled but seemed to be going at half speed out there. Going through the motions. I'm sure he'll pick it up though.

Lindbohm deserves the accolades he's getting. I hope he changes his mind and agrees to go to AHL Chicago instead of head back to Finland because he's easily jumped Edmundson and Hakanpaa as the most NHL ready prospect. Some bad penalties tonight though.

Ott sucks. He's slow, his hands are made of stone and he's predictable. Nice fight tonight though. Maybe he was just out of place playing a top-6 role tonight but geesh did he look bad at times.

Leopold was solid but unspectacular.

Rattie looks noticeably bigger but is still mostly a parameter player.

Regner was surprisingly not bad.

Ok, that's it. Oh, except make sure to try the 10% alcohol beer made by Belgian monks at the flying saucer. Damn good beer. Iowa drunk.

I'll add that I was pretty disappointed in Cole as well. He quite simply has below average hockey sense. His decision making just simply isn't very good. I like the guy but he's absolutely expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad