GDT: Preseason: 9/29/14 - Pittsburgh Penguins @ Minnesota Wild - 7PM CDT/3AM Suomi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo:
Keranen won't play tonight. Fourth line will be Veilleux, Almond and Phillips. Keranen expected to play Thursday in St. Loueeeeeeee

Interested to see Phillips.

Billy Mays Here*

Phillips has about as much chance of making the roster as a potato. Don't think he'll ever break into the NHL at this point.

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Phillips has about as much chance of making the roster as a potato. Don't think he'll ever break into the NHL at this point.

May be the most ridiculous post Ive ever read.
Don't have to like the kid but really.....

Going to game pumped, wanted to see Graovac, Bulmer and Phillips, watching them last year in Iowa and getting to talk to them a little pulling for them for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
May be the most ridiculous post Ive ever read.
Don't have to like the kid but really.....

Going to game pumped, wanted to see Graovac, Bulmer and Phillips, watching them last year in Iowa and getting to talk to them a little pulling for them for sure.

Playing him on the 4th line is setting him up to fail IMO.

Would like to see him play with Schroeder, Keranen, Fontaine, Haula, Nino and Vanek. See if he can play with finishers and other play makers.

Philips seems like a guy that will look terrible on a poor team below average on an average team but could look great on a very good team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Playing him on the 4th line is setting him up to fail IMO.

Would like to see him play with Schroeder, Keranen, Fontaine, Haula, Nino and Vanek. See if he can play with finishers and other play makers.

Philips seems like a guy that will look terrible on a poor team below average on an average team but could look great on a very good team.

Give him a player to play with that has some offensive instincts, I agree with this post. I believe Yeo wants more toughness on his bottom line.
I believe he will be traded, having said that interesting that he is last one still here from Iowa

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Phillips has awesome hands and vision. Much higher than most potatoes. If I had to rank:

1. Phillips
  2. Russet
  3. Red
  4. Yellow
  5. Idaho
  6. Fingerling

He's always been a long-term project. 2-3 years minimum was his projection.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I really wish FSnorth would bother to air a game or two during the pre-season.

It's not like the Twins are doing anything interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad