GDT: Preseason 9/27 - Sharks @ Coyotes - 7PM MST

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Just got out of the game.

I was really impressed with Lessio. Strong, fast-mover with a good shot. Great forecheck. I think he'ok beat out Domi. He didn't look out of place at all, but Lessio had the better game.

I really like ribs. He's patient and makes great passes. OEL is deadly on the PP.
Runbland looked decent. The goal we gave up was from his man. But he lost his stick so that happens. Griess looked good.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Sharks fan coming in peace. Interested in how two players looked, Matt Nieto and Freddie Hamilton. Did anyone notice them and how they played? Thanks in advance!

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
My gut feeling is Lessio makes it. Which I am fine with. Kid has earned his way to the show.

But I don't feel like sending Domi back to juniors will help him. He already knows he is good.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Lessio vs Domi:scared:

My gut feeling is Lessio makes it. Which I am fine with. Kid has earned his way to the show.

But I don't feel like sending Domi back to juniors will help him. He already knows he is good.

Isn't it awesome? I mean, did anyone think out of all the players originally in camp, that it would come down to Lessio vs. Domi? I've been so stoked about Lessio since the day we drafted him, always reminded me of a faster Lucic. I think he's a steal.

Domi has the potential to be the most exciting player the Coyotes have had since Nagy, and for being just 18 years old and NEVER playing against men, DAMN has he looked impressive. Multiple games in which he and Lessio have been the best forwards on our squad.

With that said, I think Domi would benefit even more if he goes back for one more year. It's so tough because I want him on the team so bad, but this is the safer way it seems. Give Lessio the remaining spot and see if a trade is necessary come October/November.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

A Memorial Cup year is just great for the experiece that it gives kids. London getting the Cup this year, Phoenix shouldn't think twice, and just send Domi back. London will do great this year and will win it all with him in it. Now if Vancouver can change their mind and send Horvat too, they'll REALLY win it all....

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Yep, can anyone say Sjostrom

I don't buy the lack of finishing people keep commenting on. Lessio is a great goal scorer. Sometimes when you have a young player he's going balls to the wall and maybe he's just out there looking to make something happen rather than going bar down. I have no doubt once Lucas starts getting comfortable he will grip the stick a little looser and start capitalizing on all his chances.

Isn't it awesome? I mean, did anyone think out of all the players originally in camp, that it would come down to Lessio vs. Domi?

There's been a few supporters of those guys.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
Griess looked good.

Nice bounce back (score wise) from his last game. I watched it on TV and certainly didn't think he was the reason for the blow out. That said, getting 6 in your first start for your new club can mess with a keeper's head...

I believe he will quickly become a much better back-up option than LaBarbara was.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Phoenix has a few options with Lessio and Domi and Im real curious to see what happens. They could keep both.. they could decide to keep Domi and send Lessio to AHL and then he will be the very first call up...they could send Domi back to junior and Lessio to AHL and trade a dman and a pick for a 2nd liner.... This'll be interesting!!!!... I wouldnt doubt if they somehow keep them both up for some regular season games and see how they do. NHL preseason isn't near the same pace as NHL regular season and Phoenix has 9 games to decide what to do with Domi, so I guarentee they will keep him up for atleast a handful of those games.. Why not?

I would keep Domi up, send Lessio to AHL and see how Domi does. Because Phoenix has all season to see how Lessio does in the NHL because they can call him up whenever they want. May as well take advantage of that 9 game rule with Domi!!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Isn't it awesome? I mean, did anyone think out of all the players originally in camp, that it would come down to Lessio vs. Domi? I've been so stoked about Lessio since the day we drafted him, always reminded me of a faster Lucic. I think he's a steal.

Domi has the potential to be the most exciting player the Coyotes have had since Nagy, and for being just 18 years old and NEVER playing against men, DAMN has he looked impressive. Multiple games in which he and Lessio have been the best forwards on our squad.

With that said, I think Domi would benefit even more if he goes back for one more year. It's so tough because I want him on the team so bad, but this is the safer way it seems. Give Lessio the remaining spot and see if a trade is necessary come October/November.

Dome has so much confidence, light years ahead of a Turris or Boedker at same age. He has been one of the better forwards since day one in training camp.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Phoenix has a few options with Lessio and Domi and Im real curious to see what happens. They could keep both.. they could decide to keep Domi and send Lessio to AHL and then he will be the very first call up...they could send Domi back to junior and Lessio to AHL and trade a dman and a pick for a 2nd liner.... This'll be interesting!!!!... I wouldnt doubt if they somehow keep them both up for some regular season games and see how they do. NHL preseason isn't near the same pace as NHL regular season and Phoenix has 9 games to decide what to do with Domi, so I guarentee they will keep him up for atleast a handful of those games.. Why not?

I would keep Domi up, send Lessio to AHL and see how Domi does. Because Phoenix has all season to see how Lessio does in the NHL because they can call him up whenever they want. May as well take advantage of that 9 game rule with Domi!!

I agree, but DT says it will be for the whole season or back to junior.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I know what you are saying, but like you said, in multiple games those two have been the best forwards. I don't think DM gives a rats --- about the Memorial Cup, he wants a winning team, and if these two gives him that they will both be here. Domi is so mature for his age it's scary. I wonder where he got his mental toughness from.:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree on both your points. Maybe this is the year our first round pick sticks.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I know what you are saying, but like you said, in multiple games those two have been the best forwards. I don't think DM gives a rats --- about the Memorial Cup, he wants a winning team, and if these two gives him that they will both be here. Domi is so mature for his age it's scary. I wonder where he got his mental toughness from.:)

From the diabeetis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad