GDT: Preseason #4 | Flyers at Bruins | Oct 1, 2022, 1pm | TD Center | NESN+, ESPN+

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
4 goals given up today, 4 goals scored by the Flyers (this whole pre-season).

abdc.gif

200.gif

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
You can defend the first trade to trade down to get a pick for brink.

To pass on Caufield a second time is undefendable. Team is allergic to skill.
that decision let alone all the others is a fireable offense.... team had 0 prospects with top line potential so you trade down... then the hockey gods give u a second chance and u still f*** it up

Even this Torts move is asinine. he's a great coach... were sh**... we need to finish dead last and trade anyone of value as opposed to fighting for 6th or 7th last in the league

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
The largest problem is they think York is a highly skilled offensive D man.

Just a complete mis-evaluation.
His first pass is good but what else???? he's showed nothing else so far.... i'm concerned to say the least his offensive game that i'm sure they were banking on has not shown at all in Lehigh or now

The leading scorer on this team is going to be around 55 points.

It’s going to be brutal.
U think Hayes gets that many points? Unless Couts is healthy Hayes is our offensive leader lol how f***ing sad is that

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A goal per game against hybrid lineups when defensive systems are not in midseason form? Gonna be a long year. Yes it's preseason, but we are seeing the lack of depth. Not having top line talent is one thing. Piss away picks for marginal "upgrades" and this is the result.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The offense is just biding time until Cutter Gauthier is here next year.

You can defend the first trade to trade down to get a pick for brink.

To pass on Caufield a second time is undefendable. Team is allergic to skill.

They could've had Boldy (who is better than Caufield) and Brink. But they explicitly wanted a fit pick puck moving defenseman, and they had to have Justin Braun, who has been a cornerstone to be fair.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Didn’t watch. Not surprised by the outcome.

Goals are gonna be a rare commodity for the Flyers this year. I mean, Hayes is our #1 C. That’s not gonna win you a lot of hockey games.

Was there anything redeeming in this game?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The largest problem is they think York is a highly skilled offensive D man.

Just a complete mis-evaluation.
Its really early so I hope I am wrong. But I think you are talking a 4/5 no 2pp d-man. And that is far better than a bust but lets not pretend its a a or b+ pick.

Boldy went 12 so I can forgive flyers for that. But Caufield is there at 14 and flyers said no thanks. ITS UNDEFENDABLE!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Its really early so I hope I am wrong. But I think you are talking a 4/5 no 2pp d-man. And that is far better than a bust but lets not pretend its a a or b+ pick.

Boldy went 12 so I can forgive flyers for that. But Caufield is there at 14 and flyers said no thanks. ITS UNDEFENDABLE!

The Flyers passed on Boldy once and Caufield twice.

Not only do Fletchy & Flahrsy the Hutt suck at drafting, their entire washed up scouting staff that loves intangibles more than pure skill suck as well.

Last edited:

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012

we traded down at #11.... we could've drafted Boldy

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
we traded down at #11.... we could've drafted Boldy
The trade down form 11 to 14 I don't get mad at. It allowed us to get Brink. We miss on Boldy but add Brink. If discussion is Boldy or (Caufleid and Brink) its an interesting discussion.

I will never think a 2 a 3 and 3.8 million cap space was worth one year of Braun left on his deal. But even this you can debate. But yeah Boldy at 11 we keep our 2 and trade up for Brink would have been best case. Too bad the gm's drops 2's for vet d men like me at waffle house at 2 am.

But when you are back at 14, Caufield is there and you say nah we are good I will absolutely rip Fletch for. There is not one reasonable explanation for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad