GDT: Preseason #4 | Flyers at Bruins | Oct 1, 2022, 1pm | TD Center | NESN+, ESPN+

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Golf alternate shot season ender yesterday, great to forget they even played. But reading this thread , fair to assume,

Risto was as bad as ever , but now wears a letter
Hayes quitting on plays, will be held accountable
Big Mac got his ass whooped
No skill
FF18, Deady and Ghost defending their boy.

Good times

And has this scumbag Torts really not coached a game yet ?

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Golf alternate shot season ender yesterday, great to forget they even played. But reading this thread , fair to assume,

Risto was as bad as ever , but now wears a letter
Hayes quitting on plays, will be held accountable
Big Mac got his ass whooped
No skill
FF18, Deady and Ghost defending their boy.

Good times

And has this scumbag Torts really not coached a game yet ?
On your last sentence, consider that if this team is in any way competitive this year, it will be because of that scumbag Torts, as you eloquently put it.

Be aware that I’m not some Fletcher convert or Fonzie loyalist. I’m just pointing out that the window of hope this year (for those who have any) 100% relies on Tortorella turning water into wine. This club making the playoffs would make him a unanimous Jack Adams winner.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think Torts is even thinking about the playoffs.
It's all about weeding out those who won't pay the price, and by the end of the season, promoting those from LHV in their 2023-24 plans.

Interesting quotes from Hain's twitter:

Kevin Hayes hasn't loved either of his preseason performances. John Tortorella said he hasn't talked to Hayes about it yet and he certainly won't be judging him on the preseason. Added he did like the condition Hayes came in, but those conversations will start with the season.

John Tortorella said it was very intentional that the split the Cates brothers up. And tonight, they'll switch it up a little more, having Noah in the middle instead of on the wing.

Sounds like Torts is focused on the bubble players right now, that he's going to let the actual season make his decisions on veterans going forward. After Tuesday night, they set the roster and spend a week focused on getting the team on the same page. But Torts is in no rush to make changes, there's not a lot you can do at this point other than let players play themselves off the team for next season.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
On your last sentence, consider that if this team is in any way competitive this year, it will be because of that scumbag Torts, as you eloquently put it.

Be aware that I’m not some Fletcher convert or Fonzie loyalist. I’m just pointing out that the window of hope this year (for those who have any) 100% relies on Tortorella turning water into wine. This club making the playoffs would make him a unanimous Jack Adams winner.

This team isn’t getting 60 pts let alone playoffs.

He hasn’t even started systems yet. This accountability is just bull shit. Hayes Risto will never be held accountable

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I don't think Torts is even thinking about the playoffs.
It's all about weeding out those who won't pay the price, and by the end of the season, promoting those from LHV in their 2023-24 plans.

Interesting quotes from Hain's twitter:

Kevin Hayes hasn't loved either of his preseason performances. John Tortorella said he hasn't talked to Hayes about it yet and he certainly won't be judging him on the preseason. Added he did like the condition Hayes came in, but those conversations will start with the season.

John Tortorella said it was very intentional that the split the Cates brothers up. And tonight, they'll switch it up a little more, having Noah in the middle instead of on the wing.

Sounds like Torts is focused on the bubble players right now, that he's going to let the actual season make his decisions on veterans going forward. After Tuesday night, they set the roster and spend a week focused on getting the team on the same page. But Torts is in no rush to make changes, there's not a lot you can do at this point other than let players play themselves off the team for next season.
Nice to know this team's sees training camp as useless for veteran evaluation while also thinking it is the most important rookie evaluation.

Classic dumpster Flyers mentality.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
This team isn’t getting 60 pts let alone playoffs.

He hasn’t even started systems yet. This accountability is just bull shit. Hayes Risto will never be held accountable
This seems rather odd to me. Then when the season starts will the excuse be not enough practice time?

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

And if this shitty roster has a shitty season will you admit that Torts is a mediocre coach, that hasn't had any sort of consistent success in two decades and people only know who he is because of his personality and media interactions?

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
And if this shitty roster has a shitty season will you admit that Torts is a mediocre coach, that hasn't had any sort of consistent success in two decades and people only know who he is because of his personality and media interactions?
Why so angry?

You presume I wrote that sentence in support of Tortorella, when it was purely an observation. Because of what is an overall low level of talent compared to the rest of the NHL, if they find any success this season (again, making the playoffs), it’s going to be because of Torts. You neither need to love or hate the man to see that he’s the wildcard that is pretty much their only hope for this season. I’ll amend that to include Carter Hart as a difference-maker, but even then, it will have to be because Tortorella turned water into wine. This has to be a system-first team.

Do I think it’s going to happen? No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad