GDT: Preseason #4 | Devils at Flyers | September 30, 2023 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP+

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That IS a good 4th line, though I'd like to replace Deslauriers with someone who can skate at some point, maybe why they tried Allison at LW.

Lycksell has been meh to me this fall, even Laczynski has shown more.

I'm not in a panic about these prospects, the best looking promising but not quite NHL ready.

Which shouldn't surprise,
Foerster #23, Brink #35, Andrae #54, Tuomaala #46, Attard #72,
Ginning #50, Allison #52, Lycksell #168, Laczynski #169

I'd rather see Zamula start and Andrae in LHV than either on the bench.

It won't hurt Foerster (21) or Brink (22) to start the season on the LHV 1st line while the other starts with Cates. Foerster is probably a better fit on that line, Brink will replace Atkinson at some point in the top 6.

Tuomaala (20) should get a lot of work on a checking line/PK in LHV.

Attard may never get "defense", unfortunately too late to make him a power forward.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
then please explain this preferential treatment. It is a figment of your imagination as you hate everything flyers related.

Not sure where you come up with how I cant see the development is "terrible". It clearly needs to be improved and revamped. I have never ever said otherwise.

I just don't agree with you that everything is the fault of the development process.

Nah. I know how you work. I'll explain it in detail and you'll pretend it isn't real, just like you pretend Flyers player development is fine. I'm not interested in wasting my limited time on that.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Nah. I know how you work. I'll explain it in detail and you'll pretend it isn't real, just like you pretend Flyers player development is fine. I'm not interested in wasting my limited time on that.
there is no preferential treatment.

Again with your false narrative. Can you show me anything where I said it is fine? I have never said that or even indicated such. Let me repeat it for you. The development process is not fine. It needs to be improved and revamped. hopefully that is clear enough for you. Your limited time lol.

Again you have a biased view of everything flyers related.

Reactions: Jettany

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
That IS a good 4th line, though I'd like to replace Deslauriers with someone who can skate at some point, maybe why they tried Allison at LW.

Lycksell has been meh to me this fall, even Laczynski has shown more.

I'm not in a panic about these prospects, the best looking promising but not quite NHL ready.

Which shouldn't surprise,
Foerster #23, Brink #35, Andrae #54, Tuomaala #46, Attard #72,
Ginning #50, Allison #52, Lycksell #168, Laczynski #169

I'd rather see Zamula start and Andrae in LHV than either on the bench.

It won't hurt Foerster (21) or Brink (22) to start the season on the LHV 1st line while the other starts with Cates. Foerster is probably a better fit on that line, Brink will replace Atkinson at some point in the top 6.

Tuomaala (20) should get a lot of work on a checking line/PK in LHV.

Attard may never get "defense", unfortunately too late to make him a power forward.
yeah in 2 years when Cams contract expires.

You do not seem to grasp the Flyers do not want him in that role at LHV. They have never said or indicated this in any way. They want him in a top 6 role in LHV. That is the current plan.

If the replace ND I will be 100% shocked. His ass should be waived or try to trade which yes is very unlikely. He offers zero value to this team right now. 4 year contract , wow what a joke.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
the forest or the Brink. Who makes the team?
If we were truly rebuilding, both should be on the team.

But they will be blocked by vets with zero future here, exactly what we all said would happen.

then please explain this preferential treatment. It is a figment of your imagination as you hate everything flyers related.

Not sure where you come up with how I cant see the development is "terrible". It clearly needs to be improved and revamped. I have never ever said otherwise.

I just don't agree with you that everything is the fault of the development process.
Preferential treatment is Poehling, he has Benn Gifted a spot already.

Preferential treatment will go to the many vets who will START the season and are clearly worse.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

But they will be blocked by vets with zero future here, exactly what we all said would happen.

Preferential treatment will go to the many vets who will START the season and are clearly worse.
Agree on the rebuilding comment.

I do not see any preferential treatment towards Poehling. He was signed to a meager deal to be the 4th line center. All teams give preferential treatment to vets. Right or wrong.

Besides the comment was Samu getting this alleged preferential treatment.

Reactions: renberg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Agree on the rebuilding comment.

I do not see any preferential treatment towards Poehling. He was signed to a meager deal to be the 4th line center. All teams give preferential treatment to vets. Right or wrong.

Besides the comment was Samu getting this alleged preferential treatment.
He definitely seems to be getting a push by the flyers media.

Nothing stands out about him other than being really fast ?? I wouldn’t hate him playing bottom 6.

But there is zero spots allowed for him so don’t matter anyways

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He definitely seems to be getting a push by the flyers media.

Nothing stands out about him other than being really fast ?? I wouldn’t hate him playing bottom 6.

But there is zero spots allowed for him so don’t matter anyways
Maybe as he was looking like a total bust so now there is some hope.

He needs a good productive year on LHV. Put him in a top 6 role for an extended look. Unless he flat out blows leave him there. If he does blow see if he can adapt to bottom 6 role.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
there is no preferential treatment.

Again with your false narrative. Can you show me anything where I said it is fine? I have never said that or even indicated such. Let me repeat it for you. The development process is not fine. It needs to be improved and revamped. hopefully that is clear enough for you. Your limited time lol.

Again you have a biased view of everything flyers related.

Every single time I criticize Flyers development you scoff and insist it is fine. It's nice to see you say this, but also confusing since whenever I've said the same you've vigorously disagreed.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It really isn't
It might be. Hathaway is a strong member of a 4th line, Poehling may or may not rebound and isn't just a defensive face-puncher, and Deslauriers ... meh. The issue -- and I know you know this, too -- is how this pulls the shredded shower curtain back on the FO's prioritizing building the 4th line.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I've mellowed out when it comes to this team this year. I'm with everyone that they aren't rebuilding properly.... but I dunno. A lack of Cuck or Dave Scott in this organization does improve the vibes surrounding this team. We'll see how long that lasts. If both Brink and Andrae are not on the NHL roster to start the season, then the doomsday clock can start ticking.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Have you actually watched any of the games?'
Poehling at 24 has outplayed most of the forward prospects. He earned his spot.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
It really isn't
Even if you say it is for the sake of argument, why do we care about having a good 4th line in the middle of a rebuild. Put prospects in there, see what they are made of so when you want to contend you at least know what you have. Who cares if your 4th line is good or bad, use for evaluation so you don't have to in the future.

But no, the 4th line *has* to be good. Any excuse to keep prospects in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad