GDT: Preseason #4 | Devils at Flyers | September 30, 2023 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP+

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Tuomaala looked like the exact player I thought he was besides a few spurts on the PP: skates fast in straight lines, you can notice him like that, but just not much impactful offense or high level reads. He was around some puck battles -- pucks he may have lost -- that teammates helped win. A fast player winning the team over in camp, if you ignore season samples, is an annual tradition.

2021: "Tuomaala didn't do that well in juniors, but we think he's AHL ready." (Narrator: ..... )

2023: "Tuomaala flamed out of Liiga twice, but we think he's almost NHL ready."

He has to be a Flahr pick. They are desperate to make him work. And Flahr probably needs a win to justify his existence. He must be aware that when they need another scapegoat this year, he's the obvious one.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
He has to be a Flahr pick. They are desperate to make him work. And Flahr probably needs a win to justify his existence. He must be aware that when they need another scapegoat this year, he's the obvious one.

4y5P.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
“Seeing our 4th line *smirking* they’re going to be annoying…..”

Say no more, Daniel. Say no more.

I also like how they phrased Poehling as a veteran. He’s the same age as Frost and Tippett. With less success. I liked the low risk signing just fine! But this team is so weird.
What I am taking from this is that the 4th line is set.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
liked Briere in his interview btwn the 1st and 2nd period....."we're telling the young goes not to play it safe and just go out and play their games"

hockey should be fun.....tell 'em Danny :nod:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
So a few thoughts:

-Andrae was great. Stood out in transition and in the offensive zone, particularly on the PP. That first goal was made possible by a perfectly time and placed seam pass from Andrae.
-Good to see Couts and TK out there, but that was it. Couts is going to need 1/2 season to get back to form.
-Laczynski looked like a different skater from last season and looks more like what he was at OSU. He looked good on the second pp with Andrae and Lycksell.
-I hope Brink makes the NHL. He’s been better than Foerster this preseason, and he’s been a better player at lower levels. He’s going to need 20-30 games to get up to full speed, but he’s showing high level offensive instincts. Just live with some of the turnovers for a bit. They’ll get better
-Allison doesn’t look like the same player as last season. He seems tentative. Goal aside, Pucks are hopping over his stick, he’s passing to no one in particular, he’s stationary… I don’t know if being on the outside looking in is getting to him mentally, but something appears to be off with him. It’s a shame because I think he could be a quality bottom-of-the-lineup type player.
-Hart was so good…trade him now.
-Attard and Ginning were not good, I’ll leave it at that.
-I wish Lycksell got an actual shot at making this club. I’ much rather watch a 4th line of Lycksell-Poehling-Allison/Laczynski but whatevs.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
he is only 20 and the prospect pool isnt all that great, so why not try to make "him" work? Has he looked bad?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Furry lasted about 6 shifts with Couts, then down the lineup.

He and Brown were there for evaluation before they get sent down, people have short memories, injuries can come in spades, I remember when the Flyers were playing guys like Varone.

So I'm sure Briere wanted a look at some older AHL players (the kind you bring up for short stints, the prospects you leave unless there's a long-term opening, don't want to yo-yo them) to get a feel for their game against better competition.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

He and Brown were there for evaluation before they get sent down, people have short memories, injuries can come in spades, I remember when the Flyers were playing guys like Varone.

So I'm sure Briere wanted a look at some older AHL players (the kind you bring up for short stints, the prospects you leave unless there's a long-term opening, don't want to yo-yo them) to get a feel for their game against better competition.
the forest or the Brink. Who makes the team?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Why would a rebuilding team care? Yo yoing players doesn't matter. That's a problem you've dreamed up that doesn't exist.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
the forest or the Brink. Who makes the team?
Two games left, they'll decide on the ice.

I think one reason Laughton is still here is the paucity of LWs they're trying Tippett, Atkinson played there last night, as did Allison. But that's probably going to be something to watch all season.

• Haha
Reactions: bennysflyers16

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Why is he the only one who gets this preferential treatment when others who have been better for years get no shot? That's my question. It's another bizarre process at work.
I am not sure what preferential treatment your referring too.

To give up on him at 20 is misguided. That being said he looks more like a bust than nhl player. Let it play out as nothing to lose at this point.

Two games left, they'll decide on the ice.

I think one reason Laughton is still here is the paucity of LWs they're trying Tippett, Atkinson played there last night, as did Allison. But that's probably going to be something to watch all season.
I realize that will decide it. My question was who do you think they take?

Also Laughton still being here has nothing to do with what you said. They like him. They see him as part of the "solution. Why cant you accept that?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I am not sure what preferential treatment your referring too.

To give up on him at 20 is misguided. That being said he looks more like a bust than nhl player. Let it play out as nothing to lose at this point.

I realize that will decide it. My question was who do you think they take?

Also Laughton still being here has nothing to do with what you said. They like him. They see him as part of the "solution. Why cant you accept that?

I have no idea how you're missing the way his treatment differs from others. But I bet it's related to how you can't see that their player development is terrible.

Reactions: kudymen

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I have no idea how you're missing the way his treatment differs from others. But I bet it's related to how you can't see that their player development is terrible.
then please explain this preferential treatment. It is a figment of your imagination as you hate everything flyers related.

Not sure where you come up with how I cant see the development is "terrible". It clearly needs to be improved and revamped. I have never ever said otherwise.

I just don't agree with you that everything is the fault of the development process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad