GDT: Preseason #2 | Flyers at Sabres | Sep 27, 7pm | KeyBank Center | 97.5 FM, NHL.com

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Good to see the Flyers are already losing the close games. I bet they were hard to play against at least
as Torts just said in the "standard" webcast..

"we cant do anything about perception, so forget about winning..."

umm the whole f***ing point of NHL hockey is to win...

hey as long as we punch faces i guess thats enuf, sighhhh....

they really are using Torts as a vessel to sell this garbage team to fans...

"hey we might be bottom 3 in the league but at least got on the top of the PIM charts every game..."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
XGFrel:

Marody -52.30%
Hogberg -53.29%
York -39.10%
Braun -33.80%
Frost -33.50
JVR -21.19

N Cates +11.06
Attard +11.19
Connauton +15.59
J Cates +30.57

PK
Braun, York, Connauton, Hogberg, Attard
J Cates, Brooks, N Cates, Desnoyers, Roussel, MacEwen, Sandin, Frost

as Torts just said in the "standard" webcast..

"we cant do anything about perception, so forget about winning..."

umm the whole f***ing point of NHL hockey is to win...

hey as long as we punch faces i guess thats enuf, sighhhh....

they really are using Torts as a vessel to sell this garbage team to fans...

"hey we might be bottom 3 in the league but at least got on the top of the PIM charts every game..."
Except that isn't at all how Torts coaches, his teams are among the league leaders in LEAST PIM/60.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Marody, reminds me of Mayhew, great AHL scorer who lacks the speed to make it in the NHL, unless he's in a very sheltered situation.
J Cates looks better than he did last spring, supposedly he worked on his skating over the summer and it shows.

Only caught part of it, the feed was awful, amateur hour, and we're talking 2022, how hard is it to stream a decent feed?

Flyers didn't look bad considered the Sabres were playing a lot of starters at home, and the Flyers were coming off some high intensity practices - they looked a little dead leg the first couple periods but turned it on in the 3rd period - though the PP was awful, not sure many of these players had played together, and they don't start practicing for real until next week, after the AHL players are sent down.

They showed a 7 hour montage after Buffalo's first goal. Completely blocking play while it was underway.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I have not watched any of these early pre season games but I see Frost has a couple of points....how has he looked overall....is there still hope that he will live up to his hype?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have not watched any of these early pre season games but I see Frost has a couple of points....how has he looked overall....is there still hope that he will live up to his hype?
He looks like a NHL player, not sure he looks like a top 6 player, but pre-season is going to be hard to read until the last couple games - Torts is really pushing them in practice so tired legs are probably the norm.

I think Torts does this for a number of reasons:
1) His scheme requires constant pressure, so stamina is a must
2) It's a team bonding thing, "we all hate that SOB"
3) It's also trying to weed out the players who are either not committed to getting into shape or genetically just can't do it - because when you play 4 games in 6 nights or are on the road for two weeks and go from plane to hotel to stadium, it'll be the players who can fight through the fatigue who'll help you win some games you should lose.

Reactions: Devonator

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
XGFrel:

Marody -52.30%
Hogberg -53.29%
York -39.10%
Braun -33.80%
Frost -33.50
JVR -21.19

N Cates +11.06
Attard +11.19
Connauton +15.59
J Cates +30.57

PK
Braun, York, Connauton, Hogberg, Attard
J Cates, Brooks, N Cates, Desnoyers, Roussel, MacEwen, Sandin, Frost

Except that isn't at all how Torts coaches, his teams are among the league leaders in LEAST PIM/60.
is a minus not good?

Any opinion on Big Rat last night? Tanner? One Morgan Frost? Erson?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I haven't watched either, but he has got a lot of ice time:

48 Frost - 19:58, 20:48,

Reactions: Devonator

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Bob Dorough is one of my favorite songwriters. I met him once and found he was an amazingly positive person. He was performing the Schoolhouse Rock material with a piano trio. (Phil Woods rhythm section)
I cannot think of the Preamble to the Constitution in any way other than this melody, which starts around 1:05 into the video

Preamble

Reactions: Audible Velvet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad