GDT: Preseason #2 | Flyers at Sabres | Sep 27, 7pm | KeyBank Center | 97.5 FM, NHL.com

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of course, let's not ignore that Frost had a brain dead penalty, cross checking a guy from behind in front of a ref.
Attard's penalty was legit, guy made a great move on him and caught him off balance and forced the trip.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"Frost is soft and not physical."

*Frost cross checks a player*

"Frost is brain dead."

giphy.gif

(Like 4 people watched, so there was a lot of ignoring.)

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Really like the Cates brothers. Jackson looks better than I remember, but of course it’s preseason and the rosters are peppered with rookies and tweeners. Interesting to watch if it holds up.

Both goalies looked good. Attard and Connauton had a rough night. The whole defense did really.

Who’s #20? He had a rough night too - I think he was the winger on the Cates line. Marody maybe?

Frost looked really good. Solid work on the PK.

I didn’t really notice Laczynski or Roussel.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Marody, reminds me of Mayhew, great AHL scorer who lacks the speed to make it in the NHL, unless he's in a very sheltered situation.
J Cates looks better than he did last spring, supposedly he worked on his skating over the summer and it shows.

Only caught part of it, the feed was awful, amateur hour, and we're talking 2022, how hard is it to stream a decent feed?

Flyers didn't look bad considered the Sabres were playing a lot of starters at home, and the Flyers were coming off some high intensity practices - they looked a little dead leg the first couple periods but turned it on in the 3rd period - though the PP was awful, not sure many of these players had played together, and they don't start practicing for real until next week, after the AHL players are sent down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad