GDT: Preseason: 10/04/14 - St. Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild - 7PM CDT/3AM Suomi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Just read a Russo article saying that we're considering starting Coyle at center to start the year with Zucker. What happens then? Haula down to the 4th line C? Brodziak to the wing?

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Yeah and they switch ends

We forgot about this, and were LIVID being season ticket holders in the attacking end.

Garbage. The rationale....less shootouts. Well, wasn't the shootout supposed to be EXCITING and AWESOME and SO AMAZING!!!?!!?!!?!@!?!@ and now they want to cut down on them?

:rant:

They warned the crowd 2 times. Both times, I didn't see anything. Third warning would have been a penalty for the Wild. Was waiting for a Blues' fan to toss something out there to help their team out. :sarcasm:

It was in my section. Attacking end behind the goal. I only saw it happen once, I was looking down the ice, and it looked like a peanut shell went through the netting and landed right on the top of Elliott's crease. Then I saw him scape it off the ice.

Apparently it happened again, and then we had ushers and a Wild Men-in-Black type character down there, which means it stopped.

One other usher at the end heard it might have been a penny or two? Which if it was the case those guys are going to be thrown the hell out next game and should be. No room for that in the sport. Though none of them were regulars in our section that I had seen out of the first five rows, which was the best vantage point to flick one over I'd think.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
just in case you guys missed it on the radio they said this year the ahl is going to 4 on 4 for 4 min then 3 on 3 for 3 min i think, if it works next year the nhl will do it that way in OT.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
just in case you guys missed it on the radio they said this year the ahl is going to 4 on 4 for 4 min then 3 on 3 for 3 min i think, if it works next year the nhl will do it that way in OT.

Seriously? Awesome.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Not a fan of a 3 on 3 idea. Just feels gimicky. Yeah it's better than a shootout, but not by all that much to be honest.

Just do 10 minutes of 4 on 4, and drop the loser point.

Personally I'd like to see ties brought back, but I know that will never happen, so just go to this: Wins, Shootout wins, losses. Wins worth 2, SOW worth 1, losses worth 0. Make it so a point is lost permanently because of the shootout, not permanently gained because of overtime. Want two points? Win in regulation or OT. Going to the shootout should be punished, not rewarded.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Not a fan of a 3 on 3 idea. Just feels gimicky. Yeah it's better than a shootout, but not by all that much to be honest.

Just do 10 minutes of 4 on 4, and drop the loser point.

Personally I'd like to see ties brought back, but I know that will never happen, so just go to this: Wins, Shootout wins, losses. Wins worth 2, SOW worth 1, losses worth 0. Make it so a point is lost permanently because of the shootout, not permanently gained because of overtime. Want two points? Win in regulation or OT. Going to the shootout should be punished, not rewarded.

I would just go with 3 for W, 2 for a SOW everytime there are 3 points to be gained.

4v4 then 3v3 is terrible. Dump and change. Rather see a shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad