Pre-Game Talk: Preparation RNH

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
“There were some breakdowns in our zone and as a goalie you want to cover those mistakes up and make some saves,” he said. “The last two games we’ve let in six as a group, you’re not going to fare too well.”

Mike Smith

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
“There were some breakdowns in our zone and as a goalie you want to cover those mistakes up and make some saves,” he said. “The last two games we’ve let in six as a group, you’re not going to fare too well.”

Mike Smith

Mike must have fleas

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The Oilers will be advertising Larsson.

And the Leafs will be advertising Marner. :sarcasm:

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I'm seeing another loss unfortunately. This team is absolutely fragile AGAIN
No confidence at all

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Smith at goaltending practice

200.webp

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Would love us to beat the hated Leafs for once at home to shut their bozo fans up. However, history is against us, as well as they are a far better team that we can ever hope to be.

Prediction: 6-2 Leafs

Koskinen gets the start and lets in a couple stinkers as the Laffers jump to a 4-0 lead. The fans start calling for Smith's head.

Leon gets a goal and an assist, both on the PP, but goes minus 4, with 30 minutes of ice time, including 6 shifts of a minute and a half, where he refuses to leave the ice and becomes a pylon for the last 25 seconds. After the game, he says the team really needs to tighten up and play defensively.

Oscar Klefbom has his 3 usual "WTF was he thinking?" moments and is minus 4 as well.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Now if that isn't the best second line we've ever iced... hahahaha

With Granlund up there I suspect Tippett just wants a line that might come out even when they’re on.

Edit: I feel like he’s been decent since he started coming on offensively. Slow starter, needed a confidence boost etc. He’ll go into the corners and grind pucks for RNH and Chiasson (the latter of which should more than he seems to).

Reactions: KYams17

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
With Granlund up there I suspect Tippett just wants a line that might come out even when they’re on.

Edit: I feel like he’s been decent since he started coming on offensively. Slow starter, needed a confidence boost etc. He’ll go into the corners and grind pucks for RNH and Chiasson (the latter of which should more than he seems to).
Tippett beginning to realize no matter what happens, our best bet with every line other than McDrai is that they don't give up a goal. Scoring is just a bonus.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Would love us to beat the hated Leafs for once at home to shut their bozo fans up. However, history is against us, as well as they are a far better team that we can ever hope to be.

Prediction: 6-2 Leafs

Koskinen gets the start and lets in a couple stinkers as the Laffers jump to a 4-0 lead. The fans start calling for Smith's head.

Leon gets a goal and an assist, both on the PP, but goes minus 4, with 30 minutes of ice time, including 6 shifts of a minute and a half, where he refuses to leave the ice and becomes a pylon for the last 25 seconds. After the game, he says the team really needs to tighten up and play defensively.

Oscar Klefbom has his 3 usual "WTF was he thinking?" moments and is minus 4 as well.

I hope you’re right man! Let’s get that Fire Tippett thread ready to go for right after the game too.

Reactions: tardigrade81

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

its good.

granlund and chiasson are the only guys that have sniffed 20 goals in this league. Yes Gagner. But Gagner cant hold on to the puck.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad