Beside my neighbor..
The team is going downhill, fast..
1Tph0zW.jpg

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Good article giving some stats for our decline

sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-goaltending-regression-central-recent-struggles/

Couple obvious things we can see here. Goalies have gone ECHL on us for any remotely difficult shot. And our passes to the slot have skyrocketed since Oct while shots from the slot have declined. That's a nice representation of our constant forcing of passes to guys that are already covered or in a bad spot in the slot area. We just love to pass to someone in a worse position instead of just taking the shot.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Good article giving some stats for our decline

sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-goaltending-regression-central-recent-struggles/

Couple obvious things we can see here. Goalies have gone ECHL on us for any remotely difficult shot. And our passes to the slot have skyrocketed since Oct while shots from the slot have declined. That's a nice representation of our constant forcing of passes to guys that are already covered or in a bad spot in the slot area. We just love to pass to someone in a worse position instead of just taking the shot.
Here's the graph..
lXo2AMq.png

Reactions: ujju2

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Here's the graph..

And a visual of the ECHL slot shot sav %

Oilers-goaltending-1.png

It's a bummer. Both guys great in Oct. Smith's wheels fell off in Nov but Koskinen kept going. Now both struggling badly. If Smith keeps going like he has, might be time to look at a cheap guy to fill in. He doesn't have a NMC, can save 1.075M of cap hit demoting him, not to mention saving ourselves his potential bonuses. Not worth it to give him 125k bonuses after he hits each of 20, 25, 30, 35 games if he's playing like this.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Losing to the Leafs would be the **** cherry on top of the **** sundae. Time for the Oilers to bring out the **** spoon for all of the fans to partake in a **** game again.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
I don't get why there are people on here acting like the Leafs are a good hockey team. The only position they are better than the Oilers this year is in net and that's only because they will run Andersen into the ground. They are miles worse defensively and aside from their second line (which is a train wreck in its own zone), they don't have much more depth.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Dear Santa,

I'll be at a Christmas party with a bunch of leaf fans tonight and sadly there is this game tonight as well. For the love of all that is good in the world, please have the Oilers win this game.

Thank you and Merry Christmas,
Oiler fans
How dare you go to a party with Leafs fans

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I don't get why there are people on here acting like the Leafs are a good hockey team. The only position they are better than the Oilers this year is in net and that's only because they will run Andersen into the ground. They are miles worse defensively and aside from their second line (which is a train wreck in its own zone), they don't have much more depth.

The Leafs beat us regardless of whether they are a good team or not. Look at this domination:

C411E68C-F022-4AF2-9F90-88B94457C42F.jpeg

Reactions: oobga

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
The Leafs beat us regardless of whether they are a good team or not. Look at this domination:

View attachment 291677

Sure, but people are acting like they'll win because they're good.

I'm not convinced the Oilers are a good team yet, but with no Kadri for McDavid to wear as a backpack, him and Draisaitl might be able to expose TO's sham of a defense. I think we'll know within the first 10 minutes how this game goes.

Reactions: Oilhawks

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
Dear Santa,

I'll be at a Christmas party with a bunch of leaf fans tonight and sadly there is this game tonight as well. For the love of all that is good in the world, please have the Oilers win this game.

Thank you and Merry Christmas,
Oiler fans
Hahaha me too. Company really needs to look at their hiring policies.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Hahaha me too. Company really needs to look at their hiring policies.

It's not a company party. It's a party at a friends house. 1 Oiler fan (me), 2 Hab fans, and the rest are all leaf fans (about 10 more). Ugh! Wish me and the boys luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->