WWE: Premium Live Events (not the big 4 shows)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah they either need to let him win clean or come up with something more creative. They have run this exact match too many times at this point. No one buys the false finishes.

Babyfaces not making friends or demanding ringside bans is starting to look stupid too.

Look at Gunther. Dude always wins clean, but his opponents never look bad in the lose.
I think the writing is clear in a way that as soon as Roman has to fight on his own, without help from anyone, he will lose.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Reigns title run is bordering HHH reign of terror bad

Holy f*** is this guy as the heel tribal chief champ and the bloodline story way past its expiry date
The difference is that Reigns is not burying anyone and his matches feel like a big deal. And he has an It factor that HHH never had. To me at least.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The difference is that Reigns is not burying anyone and his matches feel like a big deal. And he has an It factor that HHH never had. To me at least.
Reigns has buried a couple of guys though probably not intentionally. I guess not buried but halted

Zayn
McIntyre

Two guys who were red hot and could/should have ended the reign but didnt and after shuffled down from main event status.

Reigns has held the title for 3.5 years, it is beyond repetitive and boring to see him win with blood line interference how HHH won often via Evolution

HHH actuall lost and won the title a few times

He lost to Goldberg then won again
Lost to Benoit at WM, then beat Orton to take it again

Reigns could really do with dropping the title and then coming back after a break with a character tweak to win them again

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sami was not buried and buried is maybe the most over used word in wrestling discussions.

His booking got stale because of how overused him and KO vs JD was getting, but he was always being featured a lot and is still getting big reactions.

He also cut maybe the best promo of his career not even a week ago and with KO on SD he is a singles guy again and is my pick to win the belt off Priest after Priest cashes in on Seth

Sami was f***ing being squandered in the lower card as a comedy guy (which he was awesome at either way) and The Bloodline and his feud with Roman has cemented him as one of their top guys.

Sami's midcard days are done because of his involvement with Roman

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I'm sorry, but Roman's matches don't feel like a big deal. Everyone knows what's going to happens in Roman's match because WWE keeps calling the same play its been calling for his entire title run.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Reigns has buried a couple of guys though probably not intentionally. I guess not buried but halted

Zayn
McIntyre

Two guys who were red hot and could/should have ended the reign but didnt and after shuffled down from main event status.

Reigns has held the title for 3.5 years, it is beyond repetitive and boring to see him win with blood line interference how HHH won often via Evolution

HHH actuall lost and won the title a few times

He lost to Goldberg then won again
Lost to Benoit at WM, then beat Orton to take it again

Reigns could really do with dropping the title and then coming back after a break with a character tweak to win them again
Maybe I'm in the minority though but I see your point of view. I think Zayn should have been the guy. But I don't think any of these challengers fell as low as guys like Booker T, RVD, and Kane during HHH's 2002-2003 reign of terror.

But it's been so long that it will mean that much more when Reigns finally drops the title. Jey Uso is my choice. I love Cody but wouldn't have him beat Reigns. Even though it looks like its headed that way.

Y
I'm sorry, but Roman's matches don't feel like a big deal. Everyone knows what's going to happens in Roman's match because WWE keeps calling the same play its been calling for his entire title run.
Yeah you're right. I wish they'd give him some clean wins or at least wins without a million run ins. But I still think there's a certain "aura" to his matches. I definitely think that the title he carries has gained tremendous value over his reigns.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe I'm in the minority though but I see your point of view. I think Zayn should have been the guy. But I don't think any of these challengers fell as low as guys like Booker T, RVD, and Kane during HHH's 2002-2003 reign of terror.

But it's been so long that it will mean that much more when Reigns finally drops the title. Jey Uso is my choice. I love Cody but wouldn't have him beat Reigns. Even though it looks like its headed that way.

Y

Yeah you're right. I wish they'd give him some clean wins or at least wins without a million run ins. But I still think there's a certain "aura" to his matches. I definitely think that the title he carries has gained tremendous value over his reigns.

There is absolutely an aura to Roman's matches. But they need to freshen up the finishes. They have been too heavy on the same kind of interference.

He needed a clean win or two. His Rumble defense and/or his Elimination Chamber defense should be clean wins.

Also I think ideally you want the story to be at a point by Mania where Roman is out of allies so interference isn't really even a question

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mania to me is Cody vs Roman for the WWE championship.

I think its Priest vs Sami for the WHC (Seth gets cashed in on the next few months)

Knight vs Paul for the US Title

Gunther vs Gable or Dragunov for the IC title (Gunther drops the belt)

Jimmy vs Jey

If (and it's a big if) the teases do mean Punk is returning, then Seth vs Punk

Could also do Seth vs Gunther for WHC with Gunther dropping the IC title at the Rumble, but then I don't know what you do with Priest's briefcase

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Has it though? It's rarely defended and when it is there's outside interference. Fans got so bored that WWE brought back an old title and slapped it on Seth. For me Gunther has brought tremendous value to the intercontinental title and thats the bar I'd use. Amazing matches and has had numerous title defenses. I'll tune into a PPV to see an intercontinental title match because i know it's going to be a great match. I don't even bother to watch Roman's match because he has a handful of moves and he'll get help from the outside to win like he always does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad