GWT: Premiere League 10-15/10-16/10-17

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Uhh we dominated the Stoke game. The goalie stood on his head and we hit the post twice, one being on the 92nd minute. Stoke scored a fluke goal with their only shot in the game.

The league isn't won after week 8. I just looked at last year's standings after week 8 and Leicester were 5th. Some massive overreactions by the Liverpool fans in here.
Not a massive overeaction at all, i dont think they qualify for champions league again. That is not a bold statement.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I mean yes and no. Obviously it's a point lost regardless, but it's easier to make up a lost point in October than in May, where the games typically have more meaning.

No many how many times I read this I can't help but feel like you're contradicting yourself. It's easier to get that lost point in October than it will be in May, so isn't it actually then even worse to lose that point now than in May by your logic?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No many how many times I read this I can't help but feel like you're contradicting yourself. It's easier to get that lost point in October than it will be in May, so isn't it actually then even worse to lose that point now than in May by your logic?

I think the games in May have more meaning for teams, such as the title race, race for European spots, or the relegation battle. If Sunderland loses this weekend obviously they still lose a point, but they still have 20+ games to play to so called "make up that point". If they lose in may while they're still in 20th there's less chance to "make up that lost point."

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There's no real time that a game is more important than another in the league. That's why the league title is so prestigious. Every game matters especially at the top of the table. You can point to any game in the season almost and say if you hadn't dropped points there then losing or drawing at the end of the season wouldn't have such a big impact.

It's not like most NA sports where as long as you can limp into the playoffs that's all that matters.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I don't think games at the end necessarily have more meaning. Mathematically they sure don't. Their meaning is just more apparent.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There's no real time that a game is more important than another in the league. That's why the league title is so prestigious. Every game matters especially at the top of the table. You can point to any game in the season almost and say if you hadn't dropped points there then losing or drawing at the end of the season wouldn't have such a big impact.

It's not like most NA sports where as long as you can limp into the playoffs that's all that matters.

That's why I said yes and no in my first post, a point lost is a point lost no matter the time. But so to speak it's easier to make up those points lost earlier in the year.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think the games in May have more meaning for teams, such as the title race, race for European spots, or the relegation battle. If Sunderland loses this weekend obviously they still lose a point, but they still have 20+ games to play to so called "make up that point". If they lose in may while they're still in 20th there's less chance to "make up that lost point."

But in May every team is going to be fighting harder for that point. So it's better to get it now, all things "being equal"

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
But in May every team is going to be fighting harder for that point. So it's better to get it now, all things "being equal"

All I'm saying is that it's harder to make up lost points at the end of the season than it is at the beginning of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad