GWT: Premiere League 10-15/10-16/10-17

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
You don't fault Jose for United sucking though???? :amazed:

Over the season as as whole? Absolutely. Under the circumstances, albeit ones he created on United's form, I understand why he played conservatively. I just don't blame him for playing a countering game in this fixture - i'm not absolving him of this season.

He's got plenty of talent to work with. I really thought once he cleared the Rooney hurdle, he was going to be home free with lineups. I still think they'll click eventually, hopefully not too late. He's been very LVG thus far. Stubborn ******, both of them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
United's squad is just as talented as Liverpool, most likely more.
So yeah, it's his fault his team plays awful football and it's his fault they were lacking points and confidence before this game.
Thus it's his fault they played so defensively.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don't know what to think anymore.

LVG is unable to win at United it's unacceptable. Worst coach ever, not made for United.

Mourinho spend the most money in their club history on players and they are happy with draws.

I mean I respect United for their ability to get "results" but as a United fan I certainly wouldn't feel that the team is achieving their goals.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm just surprised Curtinho was able to pivot so deftly from his 4-0 thrashing prediction.

tumblr_mekqr4Bdjf1rjdfzto1_500.gif

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Over the season as as whole? Absolutely. Under the circumstances, albeit ones he created on United's form, I understand why he played conservatively. I just don't blame him for playing a countering game in this fixture - i'm not absolving him of this season.

He's got plenty of talent to work with. I really thought once he cleared the Rooney hurdle, he was going to be home free with lineups. I still think they'll click eventually, hopefully not too late. He's been very LVG thus far. Stubborn ******, both of them.

Everybody knew that Mourinho to United was going to end up in major lulz. Still can't believe that the fool is being given as much credit as he is and landing jobs with big clubs.

Mourinho should be coaching the Sunderlands and Burnley's.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I suspect someone said he was the best coach in football as early as last summer.
Also said he was superior to Guardiola.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You don't hire Mourinho to win pretty. You hire Mourinho to win.

I don't know what people were expecting.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
You don't hire Mourinho to win pretty. You hire Mourinho to win.

I don't know what people were expecting.

Problem with that is Manchester United's, Chelsea's, and RM's massive stash of cash. Mourinho doesn't know how to adapt and is always predictable. This crap about winning being the end all has gotten so annoying.

Everybody knows how this well end. He'll alienate a bunch of guys, the atmosphere in the club will be terrible, the club's reputation will take a hit, and United may somehow stumble over the finish line in first.

Awesome!

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
And Arsenal will finish 4th and their fans will be satisfied by the mediocrity of other clubs around

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Problem with that is Manchester United's, Chelsea's, and RM's massive stash of cash. Mourinho doesn't know how to adapt and is always predictable. This crap about winning being the end all has gotten so annoying.

Everybody knows how this well end. He'll alienate a bunch of guys, the atmosphere in the club will be terrible, the club's reputation will take a hit, and United may somehow stumble over the finish line in first.

Awesome!

If winning wasn't the be all end all they wouldn't hand out trophies at the end of the season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Can't remember how many times Mourinho actually WON in his last zillion years.
With Real, with the most expensive team ever he managed to win one important trophy (Liga) without even reaching a CL final.
With Chelsea and the most (or second most) expensive team in the league, he managed to win the grand total of one important trophy (EPL) without ever challenging for the CL (got his ass kicked by Simeone in fact).

So what's about Jose and winning again? If anything thinks it was a good idea for United to sign Jose they need to get their head checked.

Oh yeah and as soon as he left his Real team, it won the CL without any major addition.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
And Arsenal will finish 4th and their fans will be satisfied by the mediocrity of other clubs around

Would anybody here trade a title to have to sit through what Chelsea is going through? And what they have gone through since Mourinho joined? Is it fun watching De Bruyne tear apart the EPL? It's pretty clear that top players are avoiding Chelsea, and Mourinho was a large factor.

I don't see a difference with how Mourinho has won any titles in England versus what Ranieri did last year with Leicester. Yet, Mourinho is seen as a "top" manager and continues to get chances to destroy talented attacking players. It's insane.

And the amount of support he gets from the fans of the teams he manages is mind blowing. United could've hired Ancelotti. They could've hired Koeman. There are dozens of guys that would've been better suited than Mourinho.

I don't even consider United a rival anymore because of who manages them. They are a lost hope.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Can't remember how many times Mourinho actually WON in his last zillion years.
With Real, with the most expensive team ever he managed to win one important trophy (Liga) without even reaching a CL final.
With Chelsea and the most (or second most) expensive team in the league, he managed to win the grand total of one important trophy (EPL) without ever challenging for the CL (got his ass kicked by Simeone in fact).

So what's about Jose and winning again? If anything thinks it was a good idea for United to sign Jose they need to get their head checked.

Oh yeah and as soon as he left his Real team, it won the CL without any major addition.

The French have to be mighty pissed that he is managing Pogba.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
More pissed at Pogba. He made a dumb choice. Same with Mkh. Same with Ibra. They knew Mourinho, they knew where they were going.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
More pissed at Pogba. He made a dumb choice. Same with Mkh. Same with Ibra. They knew Mourinho, they knew where they were going.
It shows how much influence Mino Raiola has on his players.They were all at better clubs than United last season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would anybody here trade a title to have to sit through what Chelsea is going through? And what they have gone through since Mourinho joined? Is it fun watching De Bruyne tear apart the EPL? It's pretty clear that top players are avoiding Chelsea, and Mourinho was a large factor.

I don't see a difference with how Mourinho has won any titles in England versus what Ranieri did last year with Leicester. Yet, Mourinho is seen as a "top" manager and continues to get chances to destroy talented attacking players. It's insane.

And the amount of support he gets from the fans of the teams he manages is mind blowing. United could've hired Ancelotti. They could've hired Koeman. There are dozens of guys that would've been better suited than Mourinho.

I don't even consider United a rival anymore because of who manages them. They are a lost hope.

Yes, the title in 14-15 was worth it.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Jose will be very happy with the result yesterday. Man U doesn't need to beat Liverpool, especially at Anfield to hit their goals.

His goal is to win the league. them drawing at anfield along with drawing to a terrible stoke team at home accomplish that for him.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
His goal is to win the league. them drawing at anfield along with drawing to a terrible stoke team at home accomplish that for him.

Uhh we dominated the Stoke game. The goalie stood on his head and we hit the post twice, one being on the 92nd minute. Stoke scored a fluke goal with their only shot in the game.

The league isn't won after week 8. I just looked at last year's standings after week 8 and Leicester were 5th. Some massive overreactions by the Liverpool fans in here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->