GWT: Premiere League 10-15/10-16/10-17

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
United spent the money to beat the bottom feeders. They don't care about beating the big teams as long as they punish the little ones. That's what they have done since Ferguson and what they will continue to do.

Except they just lost to Watford and drew Stoke.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Well, if I weren't waiting for the washing machine to finish I probbbbably wouldn't have watched that to the end.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United spent the money to beat the bottom feeders. They don't care about beating the big teams as long as they punish the little ones. That's what they have done since Ferguson and what they will continue to do.

Interestingly enough, if they had whooped the bottom feeders last year they would have been pushing Leicester for the title.

Against the bottom 8 teams they dropped something like 21 points.

And we're already up to 5 points this year on teams that should be fairly easily beaten.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Now let's see what Liverpool can do next 10 games or so against the middle and bottom teams. These are tha games that really worries me

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Interestingly enough, if they had whooped the bottom feeders last year they would have been pushing Leicester for the title.

Against the bottom 8 teams they dropped something like 21 points.

And we're already up to 5 points this year on teams that should be fairly easily beaten.

LVG problems.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Have to say it's almost comical the way United fans/staff are celebrating the draw. Shows where each club is at mentally. :laugh:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
United did something that no othet team hasnt been able to do this season in the league, not score a goal against Liverpool. Congrats Jose.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Have to say it's almost comical the way United fans/staff are celebrating the draw. Shows where each club is at mentally. :laugh:

United did something that no othet team hasnt been able to do this season in the league, not score a goal against Liverpool. Congrats Jose.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-13-at-20.11.02.png

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

That was dumb, but that was also almost a year ago. It is also irrelevant to the fact Jose seemed so happy with a draw. He manages United, he should expect to win every match. But this goes back to his fear of losing takes precedence over his desire to win. Ultimately I see this the reason why United wont qualify for the champions league.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
That was dumb, but that was also almost a year ago. It is also irrelevant to the fact Jose seemed so happy with a draw. He manages United, he should expect to win every match. But this goes back to his fear of losing takes precedence over his desire to win. Ultimately I see this the reason why United wont qualify for the champions league.

Yeah, I don't really see the comparison. There's a quite a difference between ending up being happy for a draw against a wage-weaker team and setting out to get a draw from a wage-weaker team. Also always a big difference between 2-2 and 0-0 in terms of where your effort's going. And that's not even mentioning trying to turn around a floundering team and a team that should be going for the throat of the league

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Showing appreciation to the fans would somehow be equated to United celebrating barely salvaging a draw with their worst ever amount of possession in league history. It's unique how quickly Mourinho's mentality permeates the fanbase he occupies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Showing appreciation to the fans would somehow be equated to United celebrating barely salvaging a draw with their worst ever amount of possession in league history. It's unique how quickly Mourinho's mentality permeates the fanbase he occupies.

Where is this celebration? Who are you talking about?

Liverpool drew 0-0, at home, in the best form they've been in years, and yet it's always about United.

"AHA! United fans are happy!" "LOOK at them cheer mediocrity!!"

There's a reason United fans say "Hated, adored, never ignored"

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Of course it's about United

They got the result they came for. That they aspired for a 0-0 draw with the talent they have is why people are ripping them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Liverpool drew 0-0, at home, in the best form they've been in years, and yet it's always about United.

I don't particularly care.

Liverpool just cleared the most difficult portion of their schedule and were in top four at the end of it. I see no reason to debate the events of yesterday.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Of course it's about United

They got the result they came for. That they aspired for a 0-0 draw with the talent they have is why people are ripping them.

No, it's not. It's about a fanbase with an inferiority complex trying to secure moral victories, as usual.

If United played all out offensive and drew 3-3, it would have been about how low wage Liverpool matched football ruining United.

I don't love Jose, but I'm not going to fault him here. United have been bad. Liverpool have been flying. Opening this game up to a track meet would have been stupid. Good managers are pragmatic. Fergie would have done the same thing.

And if you want, for consistency purposes, you can dig up old comments from me when Chelsea clinched the league, and Arsenal fans were pissing their pants about playing the game the right way and style.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

Where did I mentions the supporters, I didnt. I made direct reference the manager

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
No, it's not. It's about a fanbase with an inferiority complex trying to secure moral victories, as usual.

If United played all out offensive and drew 3-3, it would have been about how low wage Liverpool matched football ruining United.
I guess we'll never know.

I don't love Jose, but I'm not going to fault him here. United have been bad. Liverpool have been flying. Opening this game up to a track meet would have been stupid. Good managers are pragmatic. Fergie would have done the same thing.

And if you want, for consistency purposes, you can dig up old comments from me when Chelsea clinched the league, and Arsenal fans were pissing their pants about playing the game the right way and style.
I'll take your word for it :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->