GWT: Premier League Round 25

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, Firmino doesn't bring more than Cavani, who as far as I know is a forward.
And Cavani torches him in the scoring category as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
...and just to highlight some of the differences with some of the elite, 'hard working' forwards:

jpkmng8.png

Obviously that's not fully inclusive (I also used Benzema's previous year because he's not having the best season), but it provides some insight. I'd be very interested to hear any argument for a top forward being harder working than Firmino off the ball (not just defensively either, but in his movement).

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Then you have Woodburn and Wilson who both look primed to step in and start making an impact despite their lack of opportunity.
Wasn’t Wilson loaned out? I guess yeah, you could shuffle Wijnaldum out there or one of the strikers but then you’re sacrificing depth at another spot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wasn’t Wilson loaned out? I guess yeah, you could shuffle Wijnaldum out there or one of the strikers but then you’re sacrificing depth at another spot.
Wilson re-signed and was loaned to Hull.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah definitely, and I missed the Wilson loan but yeah. Either way he would have been a 'last resort' kind of thing (though I think he'd be a better fill in than most). I mean, realistically speaking if you have an injury you're going to be giving up depth to fill it -- that's why you have depth in the first place. Like I said before I just think Liverpool is in a better situation to cope with the drop in quality of losing Salah than teams like Spurs/Chelsea/United would be for the mentioned players before. Though I think United should be using Herrera more he seems to be on the outside.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
...and just to highlight some of the differences with some of the elite, 'hard working' forwards:

jpkmng8.png

Obviously that's not fully inclusive (I also used Benzema's previous year because he's not having the best season), but it provides some insight. I'd be very interested to hear any argument for a top forward being harder working than Firmino off the ball (not just defensively either, but in his movement).
It's called watching games, duh.
And those stats re so wrong it's not funny.
Cavani won 6 aerial duels all year? Who's the numbnut who's counting :laugh:?
One of the very best players in the air.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad