GWT: Premier League Gameweek 11

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah if he used his much weaker foot, which he decided wasn't good enough to use in that situation. The same thing may have happened.

Maybe. Just saying that was a better chance than anything Liverpool had done prior to their goal.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I can't say I watch West Ham often, so I don't know about other games, but I find it hard to blame Bilic for this hot garbage.
They aren't playing THAT badly. But these individual errors and lapses in concentration have been going on for a season and a half. Enough already.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Maybe. Just saying that was a better chance than anything Liverpool had done prior to their goal.

Firmino on the back post? Not sure about that. But again as with the Ayew situation, not a great scenario for either player to score (Firmino because he can't finish).

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Firmino on the back post? Not sure about that. But again as with the Ayew situation, not a great scenario for either player to score (Firmino because he can't finish).

Ah I forgot about that. But just to nitpick Firmino didn't have as much room to finish compared to Ayew.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I can't say I watch West Ham often, so I don't know about other games, but I find it hard to blame Bilic for this hot garbage.

Well. They set up to have two players on the halfway line on a corner when the other team has Salah, Mane, and Oxlade-Chamberlain. That is enough speed where a team should really know better. Any ball cleared to the feet of either player will likely end up in a great counter attack. That is the manager's fault.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
They aren't playing THAT badly. But these individual errors and lapses in concentration have been going on for a season and a half. Enough already.

Well that's what I mean. You can't coach away some of these errors. If you don't know not to step up in that situation with no cover behind you...well no manager is going to change that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well. They set up to have two players on the halfway line on a corner when the other team has Salah, Mane, and Oxlade-Chamberlain. That is enough speed where a team should really know better. Any ball cleared to the feet of either player will likely end up in a great counter attack. That is the manager's fault.

They had two players back. One of them just decided to come up and challenge mane for the ball despite not being able to get anywhere near it.

Tactics were fine, that was an individual mistake that lead to the goal.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
As much as I like Bilic, his only gameplan at West Ham is "give the ball to Payet" (and he made things possible). Since his departure, there's absolutely no plan, tactic or whatsoever. Just hoping for the best, which doesn't happen very often.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Well that's what I mean. You can't coach away some of these errors. If you don't know not to step up in that situation with no cover behind you...well no manager is going to change that.
West Ham offers nothing going forward. That's not on individuals, that's a manager without ideas.

And again, this has been going on a long time. Luckily for Bilic up until this point, he has a braindead board that's detached from reality.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Watching the chance again, Mignolet did a better job than I initially thought. I think the only avenue to score was between his legs.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
West Ham offers nothing going forward. That's not on individuals, that's a manager without ideas.

And again, this has been going on a long time. Luckily for Bilic up until this point, he has a braindead board that's detached from reality.

Like I said, I don't watch them enough to know. He certainly should be getting more out of some of the talent he has, but these individual errors are killing them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think I'm referring to the fact that they didn't score against a parked bus. They capitalized from a poorly executed corner and a fluke bounce.

When they actually break through a bus then you can say they learned.

Like Huddersfield or Maribor?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's not only breaking through the bus, but doing it without giving up goals and while still maintaining control of the match. It appears without Lovren there this is easier to accomplish.
Klavan isn’t out there trying to do Cruyff turns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad