Premier League 2021-2022

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

I think Klopp is spot on here. Leaving aside Liverpool's involvement in the Super League (which is independent of Klopp) and even SA human rights issues, the general idea of this kind of nation-state investment is exactly like the Super League. Just buying guaranteed placement at the top of the pyramid.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Yea sure those standings check out. Why not.

Chelsea gonna only let in 4 goals all season. Nuts.

Arsenal is going to go the final 16 away matches without a win. Southampton to go the entire season without a win. I'd like to bet my entire net worth on these amazing predictions. Anyone want to book some action?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Looks like the EPL clubs are getting together to basically ban shady sponsorships. City abstained from the vote, but it passed.

It would definitely punish some clubs if they had to prove the fair market value of their sweetheart deals.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Looks like the EPL clubs are getting together to basically ban shady sponsorships. City abstained from the vote, but it passed.

It would definitely punish some clubs if they had to prove the fair market value of their sweetheart deals.
Seems like a temporary injunction, though. Definitely a no-brainer, it's absurd that clubs can effectively launder money passing it among themselves to cook the books. In Newcastle's case, the Saudis have already said the club is a giant PR project (without running the club directly of course!).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Pulisic continues to struggle with injuries. Sad that he misses so much time, makes it hard to rely on him.

How do Thiago Silva and Havertz not speak English yet?

Havertz definitely speaks English, he gave an interview in English at the CL final.

Reactions: luiginb

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
As for languages, I would guess it's likely more the languages they prefer to receive questions in, and which they're comfortable with.

A lot of players have a passing understanding of other languages, especially since there's carry over in a variety of languages (Spanish to basically Italian, Portuguese and others), and many have done stints in a variety of locations or played with teammates and managers of other nationalities.

But that's pretty cool.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Is there a specific lingua franca in Belgium? Is it French? I wondered how they communicate in the NT if guys are natural Dutch/Fleishman versus French speakers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad