Premier League 2021-2022 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Nvm I think the Chalobah one should have been a penalty watching it back
I think the only rational reason it wasn’t given by VAR is that arguably the contact started outside the box. Although it’s very clear that additional contact occurred.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bottom line is that they were 2 50/50 decisions and Chelsea were advantaged by both. Also screw those supporters who put up that disgraceful banner.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He just stutter stepped. That's allowed so good goal.

I don't really like penalties either but that was pretty egregious.

The rule is similar to hockey in the sense that you have to keep moving forward/towards the goal. You can speed up/slow down, but if you actually stop (or move backwards) it would count as a feint and thus be a yellow.

Laca came very close to stopping but did keep his body moving forward.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
The rule is similar to hockey in the sense that you have to keep moving forward/towards the goal. You can speed up/slow down, but if you actually stop (or move backwards) it would count as a feint and thus be a yellow.

Laca came very close to stopping but did keep his body moving forward.
Yeah, I didn't think it was all that close though. He clearly kept forward momentum.

Great penalty kick but though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Great ending to the Leeds game btw. They still can't defend, which IMO again shows the problem didn't lie with the manager, but that was very exciting.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Missed the game today, but really happy for Yarmo. He's been the whipping boy this year (for good reason) as the highest-paid player and biggest underperformer, but that was a special moment.

Otherwise for West Ham, what a disaster. Both Antonio and Cresswell left with injuries today, added to Bowen. So that's almost surely out of Europa against Sevilla this week and I'd say 8th in the PL would be an ambitious target now. Who could have possibly seen that running a paper-thin squad into the ground and insisting on not getting any cover would bite them in the ass?? Oh, that's right, only everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad