Premier League 2019-20 Part III

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No idea how anyone expected Arsenal to be in the top 4 with that backline. They were not going to outscore everyone every game because they added Pepe and Tierney.

United weren’t generally expected to be good and Chelsea were also expected to struggle heavily.

Arsenal’s place in the top 4 at beginning of season predictions was less based on them fighting their way in, but rather simply struggling slightly less than United or Chelsea.

Reactions: Cassano

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
United weren’t generally expected to be good and Chelsea were also expected to struggle heavily.

Arsenal’s place in the top 4 at beginning of season predictions was less based on them fighting their way in, but rather simply struggling slightly less than United or Chelsea.

Yup. Arsenal finished 2 pts off 3rd in 18-19, beat Napoli and Valencia easily before losing the Europa final. Everyone expected a jump from that.

We also expected a bigger drop off from Sarri to Lampard.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Thinking on it, I wonder if Bournemouth would have a decent case to some sort of arbitration body that they've been unfairly relegated because of the missed goal against Sheffield. Given that the Premier League has fully conceded that that was an error, would that provide an opening for Bournemouth to potentially file a real grievance? Maybe not to be reinstated, but potentially for some form of compensation? If I'm their board, I'm weighing options.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Doubt it, seems like it's just similar to that Saints/Rams NFC Championship on that obvious missed pass interference and helmet-to-helmet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad