Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What clear holes do they have? Obviously if Kane gets hurt they're in trouble but the same could be said for Lukaku, Salah, Aubameyang, Morata or even Aguero. Any team that loses their top scorer will be in trouble. United I don't think improved they remained the same, Chelsea lost a very good keeper which could be an issue and only really added Kovacic who we don't know how well he'll do in the premier league, Arsenal added the most to help their squad but they were way off so don't think it bridges the gap.

Where do you see Dembele, Alderweireld or Rose are disgruntled? Known of them stopped training to force a move or mare any frustrations known. Dembele turned down Inter I heard so he didn't want to go that bad. United have more unsettled players it would seem.

Offensively they hopefully have Lamela all year who's a threat, Moura looks good in preseason, Alli could go back to a couple years ago when he was scoring more. Even Llorente could be more useful this season which will help. If Winks is healthy he's a top DM, Wanyama has moments of being a good one, Dier has a lot to be desired but gets the job done and Dembele is coming off a strong WC. That midfield is on par with most of the top 6.

Who should they have brought in? Ajax may sell De Ligt in January if out of the Champions league, he would be a good buy but I don't think Ajax was selling this early. Grealish would just be depth but they kept Onomah and Nkoudou so far who could provide similar. Again I don't see who in the starting 11 that they should've replaced? Dembele is the only questionable one but they have depth in that spot so unless they unloaded Dembele first it made no sense to add another one.

Its not just if Kane goes down it is that they need him (and Eriksen) to play every game in the PL and CL because the back-up options are terrible. Plus Arsenal- Lacazette, Chelsea- Giroud and especially City- Jesus all have viable back-up options.

United added Fred which isn't much but they were ahead of us last year and that is more than we did, I don't see any reason to question how Kovacic will do in the Prem he is a great player, Arsenal is still behind us even with the additions.

As for the starting 11 I think we needed to improve the DM spot, I do not see Winks as a top DM at all and Dembele clearly took a step back last year. As well they need to upgrade the Son/Lamela spot as well. Both are much better in limited roles or against lesser teams. They are ok as starters but I think the point is to improve and that is what a transfer could have done. As mentioned bringing in depth behind Kane and Eriksen was desperately needed as we are way too reliant on both.

As for who I would have brought in:

In a perfect, non pie in the sky (Bale/Modric) but still unlikely scenario: Martial, Kovacic, De Ligt, Grealish

In a more realistic and guys we were linked to: Grealish, Cook, De Ligt and a young striker

Others probably have a better sense of names that were available but I can't imagine it was that hard for Tottenham to find guys who could improve their club considering every club out there in every other transfer window were able to.

Alderweireld has complained about his role last year and it is doubtful it is increased that much this year or at best he is going to be in a rotation. Dembele said he wanted a new contract that has not been offered and Rose has made very public comments about leaving at the start of the season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My friends and I do a full league prediction every year. This is mine this year

BPL Prediction:

1. Man City
  1. Liverpool
  2. Man United
  3. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Spurs
  6. Everton
  7. West Ham
  8. Wolves
  9. Watford
  10. Crystal Palace
  11. Bournemouth
  12. Burnley
  13. Fulham
  14. Southapmton
  15. Newcastle
  16. Leicester
  17. Brighton
  18. Huddersfield
  19. Cardiff City
Who knows though, these are hard.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
we go again

i will be that guy

1. liverpool
2. man city

it will be done in a manner similar to city's victory over qpr in 2012

support and believe
If Liverpool and City both come into the league firing than this season will come down to the wire between them. If one of them struggles out of the gate (I expect Liverpool to more than I expect City to) then the other one will win the league. I just wonder how Fabinho, Keita, and Alisson will adjust. I also wonder if Alisson was a product of the system.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno, I'm fairly confident that Chelsea and Arsenal are going to knock United and Spurs out of the top 4.

Reactions: New Jersey

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'll make a full prediction anyway, f*** it.

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Spurs
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. West Ham
10. Burnley
11. Fulham
12. Wolverhampton
13. Crystal Palace
14. Brighton
15. Bournemouth
16. Southampton
17. Newcastle
18. Watford
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I dunno, I'm fairly confident that Chelsea and Arsenal are going to knock United and Spurs out of the top 4.
I’m not. At all. Especially Arsenal. Yeah they have Auba, Mkh, Ozil, and Lacazette. They added Torreira who is good but Bellerin has only regressed and they still only have crap in goal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Be careful with the word "prediction" though. :sarcasm:
It is NOT what you expect. :sarcasm:

Sorry had to do it, it's one for the ages and a true alltime statement of this website :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno...Emery is a much more pragmatic manager than Wenger was at the end of his tenure in London. Arsenal have all the pieces to be a lethal counter-attacking team, so if they focus from the back out, regardless of whether or not they have the individual defensive players, they will be able to beat most teams, and they've shown that for the most part they can be flat track bullies (the firepower is certainly there). I think Emery's more cautious approach and the invigoration of a new coach will see them with a decent boost this year; I think Emery will also benefit them against other top 6 teams.

I can see Chelsea absolutely dominating games from the midfield this season so as long as they can get their players consistently potting goals they're going to be a force.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I just don't see how Arsenal is even close to Tottenham in terms of their roster. The only part of their team that is close is their attacking players and that is a wash at best for them. Defensively they are way behind and in midfield they are worse as well.

Emery could just as easily have them struggling to adjust to his style as have them take a massive step forward.

14 points is a lot to make up and although their transfers help they didn't exactly add a ton of great players in the window.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
3319.jpg

Jose Tha

Reactions: Fro

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United look to be actually starting a pretty strong lineup with Pogba, Alexis, Bailly, Lindelof all starting and Pereira looking strong.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lot of predictions for Liverpool and man City for the top two, and I'll join in that too.

1.Liverpool (they will bow out from Europe earlier than last year, which will help them push to the top)
2. Manchester City (will play longer in the CL than Pool, which will cost them the title)
3. Tottenham
4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. West Ham
9. Burnley
10.Wolverhampton
11. Fulham
12. Leicester
13. Crystal Palace
14. Watford
15. Bournemouth
16. Brighton
17. Southampton
18. Newcastle
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
1-Man City
2-Liverpool
3-Spurs
4-ManU
5-Arsenal
6-Chelsea
7-West Ham
8-Leiscester
9-Palace
10-Everton
11-Burnley
12-Newcastle
13-Wolves
14-Fulham
15-Watford
16-Brighton
17-Bournemouth
18-Huddersfield
19-Southampton
20-Cardiff

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
1. Liverpool (I don't believe I've ever predicted this before)
2. City
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs

18. Bournemouth
19. Cardiff
20. Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events