Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah, but in the video he drives and stops again and drives again and he's still using his phone. The guy recording him is a total dunce and banned by Liverpool because of his antics apparently, but it's still not a good look. Though I suspect the number of people that use their phones while driving is quite high still, it's pretty dumb.
Yeah I only read about it and watched parts of the video. I try not to watch videos like that because generally there’s some kind of context missing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The guy is a professional autograph hunter who sells all his signature items. The team and players know this, and this jabroni is trying to get people's attention because he is butt hurt. He is a low life and this is not news.

One of my closest friends works security at one of the stadiums that LFC played at during their summer tour and was guarding Salah after the game. Salah stayed almost an hour late signing everyone's autograph that wanted one.

Salah could have been on his phone because he didnt want to acknowledge this guy or make eye contact. And anyone who has never used their phone while driving can cast the first stone.

Reactions: YNWA14

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't seen the video, but is the guy video taping Salah using his phone while driving while the bloke is also driving videotaping?

That sounds like an oxymoron if it turns out to be true, but UK have some of the stupidest probably SJW stories I've ever seen any Western World have. I read one article where a man was arrested for defending himself against a burglar in his home, lol. It sounds like something really dumb which wouldn't have gotten any attraction if it was a normal bloke doing it, but by all means I wouldn't mind a Salah ban, especially against the two days they play the mighty Arsenal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Salah isn't going to get banned, don't be ridiculous. Firmino was banned for the grand total of zero games for being drunk and driving on the wrong side of the road.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah isn't going to get banned, don't be ridiculous. Firmino was banned for the grand total of zero games for being drunk and driving on the wrong side of the road.
Though if he were to get banned I would be fine with it being for the two games against Arsenal.

Reactions: bluesfan94

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Though if he were to get banned I would be fine with it being for the two games against Arsenal.

So we're all in agreement here? Let's get it done.

Using your phone while driving should honestly be taken more seriously, but I'd be a hypocrite to say that I haven't done it myself.

Reactions: bluesfan94 and Fro

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Using your phone while driving, especially reading or typing on it, is as dangerous as driving under the influence and should be treated the same.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Using your phone while driving, especially reading or typing on it, is as dangerous as driving under the influence and should be treated the same.
It's dangerous, not as dangerous as driving drunk, it should only be treated the same until the laws are changed. What about changing the radio when driving? Or any other sort of distraction that can exist? All distractions can lead to accidents, but you can't outlaw them all.

There are laws to prevent texting while driving, but they are almost never enforced and almost always for a specific age group, which is also stupid. If it's a distraction for a 16-18 year old, it's going to be a distraction for every other age group.

The Salah story is such a non-story though.

Reactions: Fro

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The FA should step in and allow Chelsea to buy him back. Liverpool has obviously been a bad influence on him and the FA can't let Liverpool turn Salah into a menace to society.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
They need a bunch of people in Malaysia wanting to watch the games, but none of them need to know what Bournemouth is for that club to be highly profitable.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They need a bunch of people in Malaysia wanting to watch the games, but none of them need to know what Bournemouth is for that club to be highly profitable.
It's probably the most watched league in the States. It's not a bad thing that those clubs finally have money to spend. Mid and lower table clubs are finally able to spend big money to hopefully climb the table. That's a good thing for fans and the league.

Reactions: robertmac43

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If matchday income is financially meaningless it also means that the local fans ultimately have no say, and all important decisions are made only television income and global markets in mind. That is in no way good for the fans or the league in England.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If matchday income is financially meaningless it also means that the local fans ultimately have no say, and all important decisions are made only television income and global markets in mind. That is in no way good for the fans or the league in England.
I mean, matchday revenue has always meant little in terms of anything. It would never bring in enough for clubs to climb the ladder to the top. Would you rather newly promoted clubs like Fulham not being able to sign players like Seri? What important decisions are you talking about? Acquiring better talent to perform better in the league should be all that really matters.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
How the club is run, what kind of an identity does it have, what is the role of the supporters in the organization, that kind of things. And no, I don't think most local fans would agree that being able to acquire top talent from Côte d'Ivoire is all that matters.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How the club is run, what kind of an identity does it have, what is the role of the supporters in the organization, that kind of things. And no, I don't think most local fans would agree that being able to acquire top talent from Côte d'Ivoire is all that matters.
Fair enough. If I'm a fan of a club, I'd want them perform the best they possibly can, maybe others want something different.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think an example like Athletic Club Bilbao proves that it is still possible to stay true to one's principles while being highly successful on the pitch. Supporters do the decisions, all players are local, none are ever sold, and yet the team plays regularly in Europe and has never been relegated.

Not that every English club should follow the exact same principles, but it would be good to have principles beyond making money. Be a football club instead of a purely commercial operation that treats the fans as a nuisance or a necessary evil.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think an example like Athletic Club Bilbao proves that it is still possible to stay true to one's principles while being highly successful on the pitch. Supporters do the decisions, all players are local, none are ever sold, and yet the team plays regularly in Europe and has never been relegated.

Not that every English club should follow the exact same principles, but it would be good to have principles beyond making money. Be a football club instead of a purely commercial operation that treats the fans as a nuisance or a necessary evil.

And what club does the bolded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad