Prefix: Facepalm Subject: Senators Prime Minister mascots

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
I'm neutral on this.

What would really tickle my fancy is a mascot suit of a slightly out of shape spartan with a mic and shield, complete with a speech written on the back of the shield. The mascots name could either be Spartan Guy or Inspiration Man. I'm serious too, would fit the goofy nature of mascots perfectly, complete with tie-in to a legendary moment in Senators history.

Would be one of the most popular mascots in the league I think.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Maybe the actual senators (i.e., from the senate) should do a rink race! What's their average age? Now that would be entertaining.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If this replaces the goalie/puck man race around the rink, that would be hilarious in my mind. I miss those races, haven't seen them in years.

Is the one with the stache Robert Borden? Why the hell would Borden get his own mascot (let alone the 100)? Isn't he the only prime minister in our history to Institute conscription. He seemed like a terrible PM, just was fortunate to be leader during a bright moment in our war history. **** Borden.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How about a Brian Mulroney one carrying a paper bag with a dollar sign on it, being chased by a bunch of Keystone Cops ones.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
was wondering about the random signs up in and around Elgin St...

I think this is great, in line with the heritage of the city, just like the Former Expos do and I think the Brewers do it as well.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I love this idea. Especially if the the Prime Ministers represent different sections and free stuff is given away.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I actually don't mind this, seems fitting as Ottawa is the home of the prime minister.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am not a big fan of the races around the rink. I do like to watch the little kids play a mini- game between periods. The kids get a thrill out of playing on NHL ice at NHL games.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Sparty's reaction is priceless.

Teaching kids about our history is important. Now let them run on the ice in a race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad