Prefix: Facepalm Subject: Senators Prime Minister mascots

Jerk Store*

It feels like people are just now starting to forget about the gladiator and now we have... Prime minister mascots skating around, interacting with fans? What the hell? Who approves this stuff?

So, so lame...

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
BzhPaeGIEAArAcH.jpg

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
It's all over Twitter.

I don't think it's actually THAT bad... They do something similar at Washington Nationals baseball games with presidents... Make them race around the field or whatever.

Could prove mildly entertaining, who knows.

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
It's all over Twitter.

I don't think it's actually THAT bad... They do something similar at Washington Nationals baseball games with presidents... Make them race around the field or whatever.

Could prove mildly entertaining, who knows.

I actually agree. Although it would be HORRIBLE if it became our team's only identity somehow, it's not a big deal as a mildly amusing distraction.

Jerk Store*

Sens flag raising ceremony (whatever) and while Cyrill was talking, they had a nice Gladiator moment where this dude rang a bell and went all town cryer...

Huh... Looks like I'm in the minority here but I find this extremely lame and creepy :S

Nonetheless, Go Sens Go!

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Sens flag raising ceremony (whatever) and while Cyrill was talking, they had a nice Gladiator moment where this dude rang a bell and went all town cryer...

Huh... Looks like I'm in the minority here but I find this extremely lame and creepy :S

Nonetheless, Go Sens Go!

Nah, it probably does qualify as lame and creepy, that just fits my sense of humour though...

Town cryer thing explains the guy in the kilt (I think?)

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'm pretty sure this is just ripping off what the Nationals do when they have the Presidents run around the bases and the section they represent wins a prize for whoever comes first.

Which in turn is a ripoff off the Brewers and their giant sausages.

I'm guessing these four will rink race. And I will bet it will actually be popular.

For once, it's not totally lame. It makes sense to do as we are the nation's capital. It's not original though.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
That's awesome, I love weird ****. But yeah I assume they're going to be rink race guys or something. What prime ministers are those?

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
I think they're awesome. I love them, they're silly it'll be fun seeing them skate around.

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
I wish one of those caricatures was the Spartan. Lol he could chase the prime ministers around and fall down and stuff. It would be epic.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The lamest part is that it's a blatant rip off of what's done at the Nationals games. Original ideas are hard to come up with apparently.

If they had created mascots of historical Ottawa Senators (King Clancy, Frank Nighbor, Cyclone Taylor etc. etc.) it would have been at least a bit more relevant. Sure, most fans wouldn't be able to recognize them but who can recognize these former PMs anyway. Canadians don't seem to have the obsession with dead government leaders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad