ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Mmmmm. Kraken sushi looks delicious.

IMG_3003.jpeg

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yet another home opener when I’m way out of town! Should be back in time for the game on the 21st. Promising start thus far…Hopefully they can keep improving incrementally as the season progresses.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
And we left quite a few goals on the table if not for poor finishing/good goaltending by Grubauer. Only real negative I have was that the kids line was mostly invisible and the inability to score on the 5 v 3.
Kids line is going to do that. They will have games where they light things on fire and ones where they don't. That is the disadvantage of young guys. The 5 on 3 kind of felt like that hadn't really worked on it that much so they just kind of were winging it

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I really like what I've seen out of the preseason and first two games from an offensive philosophy. It seems like Brunette has them playing hockey the way that NHL teams are playing in 2023. Not predictably rigid entries and setups, but allowing them to be more creative, take risks, put pucks into areas for teammates to go get rather than always the safe and sure pass, which leads to turnovers sure but also to more surprising quality scoring chances.

I don't know if one way is necessarily better than the other, but this brand is exciting. For ages I've watched games around the league and then watched the Predators and felt like we were sometimes not even playing the same game. Our pace was always slower, our systems were always more dull, a lot of the early seasons that was out of necessity. I thought Laviolette would be this guy, but he turned out to be far less creative than he was billed to be. Hynes was what he was, a return to a heavier game, which at first was probably needed but wasn't a lasting recipe for success. But now watching the Preds, it's like we're doing what the other teams have been doing for a while, it feels like watching NHL hockey.

They might not win a lot just due to experience, but it's entertaining and you can see how this will translate to success once the bulk of the kids get over the hump.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I really like what I've seen out of the preseason and first two games from an offensive philosophy. It seems like Brunette has them playing hockey the way that NHL teams are playing in 2023.
Had this same exact thought after the win last night.

Whereas Hynes tried to turn back the clock with the team to the early 2000's, Brunette has brought them to the 2020's right away.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Anyone got a link to the original No Goals ad? I haven't seen it and can't find anything but stills. I wanna know the joke!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad